DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I had to laugh... (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/345034-i-had-laugh.html)

Dave Balderstone[_3_] August 14th 12 06:31 PM

I had to laugh...

After bitching about the chiwanese chairs I was repairing not being
square, I confess to a senior's moment (even though I'm not Mexican).
The back of the chair is 2" narrower than the front, by design.

A stupid mistake on my part. Have to remember to measure all 4 sides
next time, not just the front and one side.

My son/shop assistant got a good chuckle in at dad's expense when I
realized what I had done wrong...

Mike Marlow[_2_] August 14th 12 07:11 PM

I had to laugh...

Dave Balderstone wrote:

After bitching about the chiwanese chairs I was repairing not being
square, I confess to a senior's moment (even though I'm not Mexican).
The back of the chair is 2" narrower than the front, by design.

A stupid mistake on my part. Have to remember to measure all 4 sides
next time, not just the front and one side.

My son/shop assistant got a good chuckle in at dad's expense when I
realized what I had done wrong...

Dontchya just hate it when that kind of thing happens? And then you realize
that it is something so common that there is no way you should have made
such a mistake. Yet...

--

-Mike-

Bill[_37_] August 14th 12 07:52 PM

I had to laugh...

Dave Balderstone wrote:
After bitching about the chiwanese chairs I was repairing not being
square, I confess to a senior's moment (even though I'm not Mexican).
The back of the chair is 2" narrower than the front, by design.

A stupid mistake on my part. Have to remember to measure all 4 sides
next time, not just the front and one side.

My son/shop assistant got a good chuckle in at dad's expense when I
realized what I had done wrong...

I've made similar errors more than once. Mine were caused by going back
and forth between measuring with the inside and outside of my framing
square. I'm learning to pay closer attention! : )

rlz August 15th 12 01:31 PM

I had to laugh...

On Aug 14, 12:52*pm, Bill wrote:
Dave Balderstone wrote:
After bitching about the chiwanese chairs I was repairing not being
square, I confess to a senior's moment (even though I'm not Mexican).
The back of the chair is 2" narrower than the front, by design.

A stupid mistake on my part. Have to remember to measure all 4 sides
next time, not just the front and one side.

My son/shop assistant got a good chuckle in at dad's expense when I
realized what I had done wrong...

I've made similar errors more than once. Mine were caused by going back
and forth between measuring with the inside and outside of my framing
square. I'm learning to pay closer attention! *: )

It's ok to make those kind of mistakes, as long as you can laugh at
yourself for doing it.