Old February 24th 18, 08:44 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Plastic lumber -- where do you buy it?

replying to dpb, John wrote:
I did and they would sell me some for , like 1/2x6inch 3.50 ft just though way
to high

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...it-536536-.htm

Old February 24th 18, 08:44 PM posted to rec.woodworking

replying to mkr5000, John wrote:
thank you

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...it-536536-.htm

Old February 24th 18, 08:44 PM posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Richard, John wrote:
Ohio thank you

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...it-536536-.htm

Old February 24th 18, 08:44 PM posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Gordon Shumway, John wrote:
thank you gordon

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...it-536536-.htm

Old April 8th 18, 05:44 PM posted to rec.woodworking

replying to mkr5000, David Wagner wrote:
Did you ever find a source? Unfortunately nobody on this blog understood your
question. I build adirondack chair from "Northdex" decking from Menards. You
can cut, rip, and rout the edges, but be careful when screwing, it split
easily. I'd like to find something better, like what is used on the finished
polywood products. One by or five quarter would be ideal. I'm in Minnesota

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...it-536536-.htm

Old June 13th 18, 06:04 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, March 18, 2012 at 8:43:18 AM UTC-4, mkr5000 wrote:
I wouldn't ask but I've Googled this to death and nothing. Plenty of places that sell plastic furniture and products but no info on raw materials.

Where do you but this HDPE lumber (in Midwest)?

A place that stocks, with a variety of shapes and colors.

I know I can get deck board but that's not what I'm after. THANKS.

Please check out www.PlasticLumberStore.net for all of your needs. We can ship anywhere, although our retail store is located in Ohio. We sell HDPE in various sizes and shapes, not just deck boards.
Old June 13th 18, 08:05 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/13/2018 1:04 PM, wrote:

Please check out
www.PlasticLumberStore.net for all of your needs. We can ship anywhere, although our retail store is located in Ohio. We sell HDPE in various sizes and shapes, not just deck boards.

The link to the lumber is not working though. Sounds interesting if we
could see it.
Old June 13th 18, 08:32 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/13/2018 3:05 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/13/2018 1:04 PM, wrote:

Please check out
www.PlasticLumberStore.net for all of your needs.Â* We
can ship anywhere, although our retail store is located in Ohio.Â* We
sell HDPE in various sizes and shapes, not just deck boards.

The link to the lumber is not working though.Â* Sounds interesting if we
could see it.

I don't know where you live, but I have used this material before. I was
able to purchase it at Lowes, but I have seen it at Home Depot.

One thing I used it for was to replace the sill on our patio doors. It
was easy to cut and shape. We lived there nearly 10 years and it was
as good as it was when I put it in.

Unless you have special requirements you make check your local Lowes or
Home Depot.
--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre
Old June 13th 18, 11:14 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 3:05:31 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/13/2018 1:04 PM, wrote:

Please check out
www.PlasticLumberStore.net for all of your needs. We can ship anywhere, although our retail store is located in Ohio. We sell HDPE in various sizes and shapes, not just deck boards.

The link to the lumber is not working though. Sounds interesting if we
could see it.

Works just fine for me.
Old June 13th 18, 11:21 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/13/2018 1:04 PM, wrote:

Please check out
www.PlasticLumberStore.net for all of your needs.
We can ship anywhere, although our retail store is located in Ohio.
We sell HDPE in various sizes and shapes, not just deck boards.

The link to the lumber is not working though.Â* Sounds interesting if
we could see it.

I don't know where you live, but I have used this material before. I was
able to purchase it at Lowes, but I have seen it at Home Depot.

One thing I used it for was to replace the sill on our patio doors.Â* It
was easy to cut and shape.Â*Â* We lived there nearly 10 years and it was
as good as it was when I put it in.

Unless you have special requirements you make check your local Lowes or
Home Depot.

I've used the PVC boards to replace facia and the PVC brickmold to trim
out replacement doors and windows. Works great and will never rot.
First go around you can fill your nail holes with silicone caulk or just
fill them and paint them. My window trim has been in place for ~ 10
years now and is a bit chalky to the touch. Next time we stain/paint
I'll paint the PVC.

Neat trick I learned last year when I replaced a couple of large
windows. This stuff is dense and if you use a CA "super glue" along
with the activator, you can have miter joints (assuming you measure
THREE times and cut once, that look like they were molded.

I used the 2P-10 stuff from FastCap (great product) but I suppose any
will work equally well. I did a test run cutting the 45 degree miter on
a 2' piece of scrap. Lined them up, pushed them together hand tight and
held my breath for about 20 seconds. The bond was cured at that point.
For giggle I tried to pull it apart. Forget it! I smacked one leg of
it against a concrete sidewalk. . . TWICE and then it broke but, like
any good Titebond glue joint, it didn't break at the joint. The PCV
shattered about 3" out from the joint.

I can't say enough good things about PVC trim boards.