Dave

Default WEN 5014 Electric Chainsaw question

Hello ALL:

Is there a way to contact WEN or are they gone?

My father-in-law sent us an older, but not used very much, WEN Model
5014 Electric Chain Saw. The chain is loose, as the arm bent a little
during shipping. I have it lookong good now, but the chain seems loose
and I see no way to adjust it. It is too loose to run. He had everything
but the BOOK!!!

Any way to at least get some idea of how to adjust it, or better yet,
find a book online?

TIA, I have looked everywhere. This NewsGroup knows everything! :-)

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:31:57 GMT, Dave
wrote:

Hello ALL:

Is there a way to contact WEN or are they gone?

My father-in-law sent us an older, but not used very much, WEN Model
5014 Electric Chain Saw. The chain is loose, as the arm bent a little
during shipping. I have it lookong good now, but the chain seems loose
and I see no way to adjust it. It is too loose to run. He had everything
but the BOOK!!!

Any way to at least get some idea of how to adjust it, or better yet,
find a book online?

TIA, I have looked everywhere. This NewsGroup knows everything! :-)

AAAKKKK!

why is it you never see wen tools that are worn out, just ones that
are either broken or 40 years old and barely used?
David Hall

Don't know. I did find a place that still claims to support them so I
sent them an email. They are Van Lu.

Man I looked everywhere for a chain for an old electric Wen I bought for $5 at
an estate sale. Finally found one hanging on a wall in an old hardware store
marked for $2 - dusty as hell. The guy was surprised anyone bought it. Didn't
have any more or I would have bought a spare.

Dave Hall
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Dave, Ch ha wrote:
should be a hex not inside the outer sprocket guard
1st loosen that a few turns (CCW)
then looking at the front from teh bar tip the left side right tigtht to the
bar is a regular screw head--CW to tension

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...on-254348-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 7:44:10 PM UTC-5, Ch ha wrote:
replying to Dave, Ch ha wrote:
should be a hex not inside the outer sprocket guard
1st loosen that a few turns (CCW)
then looking at the front from teh bar tip the left side right tigtht to the
bar is a regular screw head--CW to tension

Unfortunately, 14 years ago when Dave was trying to fix his chain saw, he
started it with a loose chain. The chain flew off, crashed through a window
and knocked his young son's gold fish bowl off the table. When Dave went
into the house to retrieve the chain, he heard (and felt) a squish under his
foot. He tried to hide the evidence but his son walked in, and thinking that
Dad had purposely stomped his beloved pet to death, he turned his back on his
father forever. "You are as dead to me as Bubbles is."

Dave took to drinking, moved into a cabin in the woods where, even to this
day, he wears the chain around his neck (loosely) as a reminder of the
family that he once had.

It's a sad story but there is a lesson in it for all of us. I'll leave it to
you to figure out what that lesson is.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/1/2018 8:01 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Unfortunately, 14 years ago when Dave was trying to fix his chain saw, he
started it with a loose chain. The chain flew off, crashed through a window
and knocked his young son's gold fish bowl off the table. When Dave went
into the house to retrieve the chain, he heard (and felt) a squish under his
foot. He tried to hide the evidence but his son walked in, and thinking that
Dad had purposely stomped his beloved pet to death, he turned his back on his
father forever. "You are as dead to me as Bubbles is."

Dave took to drinking, moved into a cabin in the woods where, even to this
day, he wears the chain around his neck (loosely) as a reminder of the
family that he once had.

It's a sad story but there is a lesson in it for all of us. I'll leave it to
you to figure out what that lesson is.

We should demand universal registration of chainsaws?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/1/2018 9:12 PM, Just Wondering wrote:
[...]

Uh. . . Missing your fish? Check under my foot.

Well, it worked with cats and my tires!

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Dave, Ch ha wrote:
[...]

I love a good intentioned fib, especially when it makes you laugh.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 20:12:40 -0700, Just Wondering
wrote:

[...]

And they need to close the chainsaw show loophole, too.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 9:01:47 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Unfortunately, 14 years ago when Dave was trying to fix his chain saw, he
started it with a loose chain. The chain flew off, crashed through a window
and knocked his young son's gold fish bowl off the table. When Dave went
into the house to retrieve the chain, he heard (and felt) a squish under his
foot. He tried to hide the evidence but his son walked in, and thinking that
Dad had purposely stomped his beloved pet to death, he turned his back on his
father forever. "You are as dead to me as Bubbles is."

Dave took to drinking, moved into a cabin in the woods where, even to this
day, he wears the chain around his neck (loosely) as a reminder of the
family that he once had.

It's a sad story but there is a lesson in it for all of us. I'll leave it to
you to figure out what that lesson is.

Well, the lesson was lost on me... but that was damn funny. Thanks for the laugh!

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Dave, Iain wrote:
honestly I came for the same thing I have a Wen model 5014 hornet mark 2 and
need a new sprocket but cant find the right one just wondering if anyone might
know where I could find one.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/j2

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Iain, SWIMMER wrote:
DID YOU EVER FIND THAT SPROCKET? I MAY NEED ONE AS WELL.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...on-254348-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, August 25, 2020 at 10:14:07 AM UTC-4, SWIMMER wrote:
replying to Iain, SWIMMER wrote:

DID YOU EVER FIND THAT SPROCKET? I MAY NEED ONE AS WELL.

Please yell a little louder. I can't hear you over the sound of my chainsaw.
Posted to rec.woodworking

If anyone happens to have a WEN 5014 they are scrapping I need the oil plug with oil adjustment that fits in the side of the saw. My wife has a 5014 that she loves and the plug fell out and was lost. She wants me to fix the saw so she can continue helping me with my fire wood cutting. I can always use help.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...on-254348-.htm