DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Black & Decker buys Porter Cable and Delta (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/33612-black-decker-buys-porter-cable-delta.html)

Rich Coers July 24th 04 03:17 AM

Black & Decker buys Porter Cable and Delta

Saw this news item the other day.
http://www.retail-merchandiser.com/r..._id=1000580995

I wonder if we will now have routers that are orange, black, grey, yellow,
or all of the above?

Rich

RickS July 24th 04 05:22 AM

Black & Decker buys Porter Cable and Delta

"Rich Coers" wrote in message
gy.com...
Saw this news item the other day.

http://www.retail-merchandiser.com/r..._id=1000580995

I wonder if we will now have routers that are orange, black, grey, yellow,
or all of the above?

Well, here's to hoping (as a swig of Jack goes down) that they don't tinker
with the manufacturing of the brands for marketing sake.

From an investor's (in BDK) viewpoint, its a good deal. I don't own it, but
I am getting ready to bite.

/rick.

AArDvarK July 24th 04 03:31 PM

Black & Decker buys Porter Cable and Delta

Saw this news item the other day.
http://www.retail-merchandiser.com/r..._id=1000580995
I wonder if we will now have routers that are orange, black, grey, yellow,
or all of the above?

Interesting, I think B&D got ultra rich by mass junk marketing, like VW did and now
owns Rolls Royce (not that VW is "junk"). I only wonder what and where the Pentair
operations are in "Europe".

Alex