Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Some people thought the ras was dangerous

http://torqueworkcentres.com/workcentre.asp

Ways to hurt yourself only limited by your imagination.

basilisk
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 20, 1:01*pm, basilisk wrote:
http://torqueworkcentres.com/workcentre.asp

Ways to hurt yourself only limited by your imagination.

basilisk

Great concept, but looks flimsy. Like that long stick controlling the
router...looks too 'iffy' for me.
I'd have to see one 'live' for further opinions.
Multi purpose workbenches can be done successfully, as Festool has
conclusively proven. In fact, if I were to start up from scratch, I'd
have nothing BUT Festool tables and tools.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:01:07 -0600, basilisk
wrote:

http://torqueworkcentres.com/workcentre.asp

Ways to hurt yourself only limited by your imagination.

1,001 OSHA-FREE ways to hurt yourself. Now with +-0.125" accuracy!

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from folly
is to fill the world with fools.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:14:45 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Feb 20, 1:01*pm, basilisk wrote:
http://torqueworkcentres.com/workcentre.asp

Ways to hurt yourself only limited by your imagination.

basilisk

Great concept, but looks flimsy. Like that long stick controlling the
router...looks too 'iffy' for me.
I'd have to see one 'live' for further opinions.
Multi purpose workbenches can be done successfully, as Festool has
conclusively proven. In fact, if I were to start up from scratch, I'd
have nothing BUT Festool tables and tools.

They've got Festool's price beat, too. They're SS-esque!
http://www.woodworksupplies.com.au/category313_1.htm
$3,543-$4,260, -not- including delivery. Ouch!
(Got Lube?)

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from folly
is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

http://torqueworkcentres.com/workcentre.asp

Ways to hurt yourself only limited by your imagination.

1,001 OSHA-FREE ways to hurt yourself. Now with +-0.125" accuracy!

Geez, people are coming up with dangerous new contraptions faster than
we can pass regulations to protect people from them. This unfettered
innovation must stop!

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

http://torqueworkcentres.com/workcentre.asp

Ways to hurt yourself only limited by your imagination.

1,001 OSHA-FREE ways to hurt yourself. *Now with +-0.125" accuracy!

Geez, people are coming up with dangerous new contraptions faster than
we can pass regulations to protect people from them. *This unfettered
innovation must stop!

The answers to the questions nobody asked.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"basilisk" wrote in message
.. .
http://torqueworkcentres.com/workcentre.asp

Ways to hurt yourself only limited by your imagination.

You sure this isn't Rob Lee putting his annual April Fools Day gizmo out a
bit early?

If you took that pesky guard off the chain saw you'd really have something
there!

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:14:45 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
Multi purpose workbenches can be done successfully, as Festool has
conclusively proven. In fact, if I were to start up from scratch, I'd
have nothing BUT Festool tables and tools.

Yeah, but then you wouldn't have the experience of the other tools for
you to really appreciate the value of the Festool system. For
many/most of us, buying Festool is an "arrived at" decision, not a "go
to first" decision.