Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Festool power tools.

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 09:11:34 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 2/11/2012 8:48 AM, Markem wrote:
On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 14:41:32 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Arguing with trolls?resounding sigh

There is a difference in arguing and playing with for ones amusement.
Just saying.

+1

Interesting that you defend it, seein's you're one of the new persons.
(see my post to Markem)

--
To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves...
We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Arguing with trolls?resounding sigh

There is a difference in arguing and playing with for ones amusement.
Just saying.

+1

Interesting that you defend it, seein's you're one of the new persons.
(see my post to Markem)

Say what??

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Arguing with trolls?resounding sigh

There is a difference in arguing and playing with for ones amusement.
Just saying.

+1

Interesting that you defend it, seein's you're one of the new persons.
(see my post to Markem)

Say what??

No one is safe from a nanny raid.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks Mike!

-----------
"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
It was not a troll attempt - more a case of mistaken identity. Shot fired
in error. My apologies.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 09:14:37 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Not to those who had already filtered them. All they see is some old
troll being brought back into the light by some new id^H^Hperson.
Just sayin'...

Agreed that if you have the person filtered and you see response to to
bozo whom you have in a bin, it can **** you off a bit, but this is
usenet other than killfiling the group there is not an answer.

So install a virtual filter (the next message please and move on).

Maybe there is an answer?

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Not to those who had already filtered them. All they see is some old
troll being brought back into the light by some new id^H^Hperson.
Just sayin'...

Agreed that if you have the person filtered and you see response to to
bozo whom you have in a bin, it can **** you off a bit, but this is
usenet other than killfiling the group there is not an answer.

So install a virtual filter (the next message please and move on).

Maybe there is an answer?

I just hate to killfile all my buddies just because they play with
trolls too damned much...

--
To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves...
We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is
here--with its gift of energy and heightened awareness--so we can do our
best and learn the most in the new situation.
Peter McWilliams, Life 101
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Not to those who had already filtered them. All they see is some old
troll being brought back into the light by some new id^H^Hperson.
Just sayin'...

Agreed that if you have the person filtered and you see response to to
bozo whom you have in a bin, it can **** you off a bit, but this is
usenet other than killfiling the group there is not an answer.

So install a virtual filter (the next message please and move on).

Maybe there is an answer?

I just hate to killfile all my buddies just because they play with
trolls too damned much...

I've piddled with bozo bin filters maybe a half dozen times in my entire
Usenet-reading "career" (getting close to two decades now) and I concluded LONG
ago that they're just more trouble than they're worth. I don't filter anybody;
I use my Evelyn Wood powers of speed reading to quickly scan every post, and I
usually decide within a half second or less whether or not it's something I
want to read. If it doesn't make the cut, my finger is automatically on the
"next" button and it doesn't take long at all to get rid of it. Seeing a lump
of nonsense from a troll is just one of a dozen or more possible scenarios that
might cause me to decide a post isn't worth my time, so how much time would
piddling with filters really save me? Virtually none at all. For you to place
so much stock in filters, to the point where you're actually "killfiling your
buddies" to avoid having to read the occasional diatribe from a troll just
seems ludicrous to me.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

I just hate to killfile all my buddies just because they play with
trolls too damned much...

That sounds just a tad presumptuous...

I was in your kill file once and to be honest I don't care if I end up back
there. I don't present myself in the usenet community based upon what
someone else feels I "should" in order to stay out of their kill file.
You've good cause to look at your own participation Larry, before you
threaten to killfile others for "playing with trolls too damned much".

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

One would have to define what a troll really is. Typically it is
somebody or just a post that irritates you and you haven't the energy
or confidence to defend yourself. The troll label is used to rally
support from others to reinforce your own insecurity.

I actually like your style, Mike, on that one.

--------------
"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
That sounds just a tad presumptuous...

I was in your kill file once and to be honest I don't care if I end up
back
there. I don't present myself in the usenet community based upon what
someone else feels I "should" in order to stay out of their kill file.
You've good cause to look at your own participation Larry, before you
threaten to killfile others for "playing with trolls too damned much".

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 06:30:49 -0500, "m II" wrote:
One would have to define what a troll really is. Typically it is
somebody or just a post that irritates you and you haven't the energy
or confidence to defend yourself. The troll label is used to rally
support from others to reinforce your own insecurity.

And the really ludicrous part of this whole thread is that the biggest
troll of them all is lecturing people on what he thinks a troll
actually is.

No lack of confidence in this asshole, just an overabundance of
ignorance.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 23:19:33 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I just hate to killfile all my buddies just because they play with
trolls too damned much...

That sounds just a tad presumptuous...

I was in your kill file once and to be honest I don't care if I end up back
there. I don't present myself in the usenet community based upon what
someone else feels I "should" in order to stay out of their kill file.

I've been known to ask killfilees to put me in -their- killfiles, too.

You've good cause to look at your own participation Larry, before you
threaten to killfile others for "playing with trolls too damned much".

If you can show me where I've participated with trolls (except those
cases where we didn't know they were trolls for the first week or so)
in the past few years, I'll surely change my ways. But I'm sure I'm
not the only one who has killfiled people because of their idiotic
participation with known trolls, and I won't be the last. There is no
threat here. Think of it as constructive criticism. It's simply a
statement that the constant dialog with trolls is ****ing people (I
get email to the fact that I'm not alone in this thinking.) off.

--
To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves...
We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is
here--with its gift of energy and heightened awareness--so we can do our
best and learn the most in the new situation.
Peter McWilliams, Life 101
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

If you can show me where I've participated with trolls (except those
cases where we didn't know they were trolls for the first week or so)
in the past few years, I'll surely change my ways. But I'm sure I'm
not the only one who has killfiled people because of their idiotic
participation with known trolls, and I won't be the last. There is no
threat here. Think of it as constructive criticism. It's simply a
statement that the constant dialog with trolls is ****ing people (I
get email to the fact that I'm not alone in this thinking.) off.

Well - that is the nature of a diverse community. It's sure fire guarantee
that everyone will rub someone the wrong way at some point. If it's not
because they play with the trolls, it's because they are harsh, or because
they are pig headed, or... and the list goes on and on. I suspect that all
or most of us have either shared or have had someone share with us, that
so-and-so ****es them off when they do what-so-ever - it's just how it goes.
There are as many reasons to put people into kill files as there are people
in a forum, so it really does not matter if that reason is playing with
trolls, or some other reason. At the end of the day, it's all a matter of
what satisfies the reader with the kill file.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
,
David Paste wrote:
No, I don't know the Midlands well at all, I just like canals. I live
between the Bridgewater and the Manchester Ship Canal. I like the
history and the engineering of them - fascinating stuff. I also live
near (enough) to Sankey Brook Nav and Stephenson's lovely old bridge!

Coming up to:

www.northernmodellingexhibition.co.uk

on Friday at Event city. I note that the Bridgewater canal is immediately
behind the venue and about 5mins walk from the Barton swing aqueduct. Do
you know if it is possible to access the towpath from Event city?

I want to take a look at the aqueduct.

For those of you across the pond who don't know what I'm talking about

http://www.penninewaterways.co.uk/br...onaqueduct.htm

--
*Plain Text* email -- it's an accessibility issue
() no proprietary attachments; no html mail
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 26, 12:19*am, Stuart
wrote:

Coming up to:

www.northernmodellingexhibition.co.uk

on Friday at Event city. I note that the Bridgewater canal is immediately
behind the venue and about 5mins walk from the Barton swing aqueduct. Do
you know if it is possible to access the towpath from Event city?

I want to take a look at the aqueduct.

For those of you across the pond who don't know what I'm talking about

http://www.penninewaterways.co.uk/br...onaqueduct.htm

Hmm, I honestly couldn't tell you, but there will be plenty of places
closer to the aqueduct to get a look. If I had to go out on a limb,
I'd say that the car parks and whatnot where Event City is are
probably fenced in, but I'll have a quick shufti if I'm over there
this week.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
,
David Paste wrote:
Hmm, I honestly couldn't tell you, but there will be plenty of places
closer to the aqueduct to get a look. If I had to go out on a limb,
I'd say that the car parks and whatnot where Event City is are
probably fenced in, but I'll have a quick shufti if I'm over there
this week.

Looking at Google Earth I think you're probably right, unfortunately the
"Streetview" cameras seem to have missed quite a lot.
..
It's odd really, my wife and I went to a pub for lunch today and, checking
it out on "Streetview" before we went, it would appear they drove straight
into and round the car-park at the back of the pub!

There's a road (Ashburton Road West) which crosses the canal and there is
clear access to the towpath from it. There also appears to be a path from
the road swing-bridge to the towpath by the aqueduct so no need to go to
any trouble, I'll sus it out when I get there.

It's a waste really. The Merry Hill shopping centre near Dudley has the
canal skirting one edge and they've made a feature of it. Landscaped it,
put in moorings (I think they want the boaters to go shopping there) built
a waterside pub, hotel and cafes along the waterfront. It's quite
attractive really. Streetview seems to have covered it quite
comprehensively and there seem to be quite a few photographs uploaded to
Google earth by visitors.

--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
http://www.asciiribbon.org

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , markem618
@hotmail.com says...

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 10:36:41 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 09:29:19 -0600, Steve Barker
BUT, i can assure you that copper is copper and no amount of money
spent on a name brand cable will change the sound coming out of a speaker

I'm not so sure about that. I think I remember reading somewhere that
electrons travel on the outside surface of wire. In that case, there
would be more outside surfaces on stranded wire than there would be on
solid wire. More surfaces to travel means better conduction and that
means better sound.

Primarly how dc current flows not an alternating one. Other wise the
green movement would have you replace your house wiring to be more
green.

????? DC does not exhibit skin effect. It is present only with
alternating curren and becomes more severe as frequency increases.

However at the frequencies used in household power distribution the skin
depth in copper is about 9mm.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 26, 11:44*pm, Stuart wrote:

There's a road (Ashburton Road West) which crosses the canal and there is
clear access to the towpath from it. There also appears to be a path from
the road swing-bridge to the towpath by the aqueduct so no need to go to
any trouble, I'll sus it out when I get there.

Oh yeah, there's certainly no restrictions to you actually getting to
it, just not sure about the car park at Even City! But you might find
Ashburton RW to be a bit busy - it's a feeder to the industrial units
there - I'd be a bit worried about leaving my car around there -
lorries need to get things done, you know?! I'd have a quick squizz
down Chapel Place, which is right next to the aqueduct. I am pretty
certain I have parked down there before.

It's a waste really. The Merry Hill shopping centre near Dudley has the
canal skirting one edge and they've made a feature of it. Landscaped it,
put in moorings (I think they want the boaters to go shopping there) built
a waterside pub, hotel and cafes along the waterfront. It's quite
attractive really. Streetview seems to have covered it quite
comprehensively and there seem to be quite a few photographs uploaded to
Google earth by visitors.

I know what you mean, but if I remember correctly, Peel Holdings had
some plan to make the area around there into a river stop with a
service going up the ship canal to the city centre (It could have been
on the Bridgewater, but that would seem a bit slow to me). Don't know
what happened to that idea though. Would be nice to see it come to
fruition, and it would certainly have the chance to compete with the
trams to the New Media City complex - I don't know if there is the
same speed limit on the MSC as the Bridgewater. I would hope not! I'm
not sure what they'd do about the lock at the Quays though - I'd think
they'd take up a fair bit of time, so maybe have two boats running on
the two sections using the Quays as the hub?

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
,
David Paste wrote:
But you might find
Ashburton RW to be a bit busy - it's a feeder to the industrial units
there - I'd be a bit worried about leaving my car around there -
lorries need to get things done, you know?!

Plan is to leave the car where it is in the Event City car park and walk.

I don't know if there is the same speed limit on the MSC as the
Bridgewater. I would hope not!

Well, I'm sure it would have a limit to reduce errosion of the banks but
some little time googling has produced no results

--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
http://www.asciiribbon.org

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 23:54:34 -0500, "J. Clarke"
This is called "skin effect" and it is frequency dependent. At 20 KHz
the skin depth in copper is about half a millimeter. This means that
there should be no discernible effect in wires 18 gage or smaller.

You been hibernating Mr. Clarke? This topic was discussed completely
several weeks ago.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote in
:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 23:54:34 -0500, "J. Clarke"
This is called "skin effect" and it is frequency dependent. At 20 KHz
the skin depth in copper is about half a millimeter. This means that
there should be no discernible effect in wires 18 gage or smaller.

You been hibernating Mr. Clarke? This topic was discussed completely
several weeks ago.

I've noticed several of his messages seem to appear in a row with various
dates. Perhaps his newsserver isn't working correctly.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/28/2012 7:56 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
wrote in
:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 23:54:34 -0500, "J. Clarke"
This is called "skin effect" and it is frequency dependent. At 20 KHz
the skin depth in copper is about half a millimeter. This means that
there should be no discernible effect in wires 18 gage or smaller.

You been hibernating Mr. Clarke? This topic was discussed completely
several weeks ago.

I've noticed several of his messages seem to appear in a row with various
dates. Perhaps his newsserver isn't working correctly.

Puckdropper

I too have noticed the same thing. It happened a week or so ago, and I just
now got about 10 more of them.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
,
David Paste wrote:
Oh yeah, there's certainly no restrictions to you actually getting to
it, just not sure about the car park at Even City!

Turns out, as I had hoped, there was direct access to the tow-path, via
some gates, from the Barton Square car park so I was able to walk straight
along the canal.

I've put up some pictures here of the show and canal

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/m...nchester_Show/

This is a straight dump from my camera memory card and I've not had time
to edit/sort/label the pics.

For some odd reason Photobucket insists on showing everything in reverse
order, so top LH corner of page 1 is IMGP0751.jpg, the last picture I took
and IMGP0668.jpg, at the RH bottom of page 4, the first. It was late when
I got back, I stuck the memory card in the computer, hit CTRL-A, upload,
and went to bed.

I spent a couple of hours in the show first, then met the rest of the
family for a sandwich and coffee. Afterwards we walked along the tow-path
to the bridge and then back into the show for the remaining time.

--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
http://www.asciiribbon.org

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 03 Mar 2012 20:14:29 +0000 (GMT), Stuart
wrote:

I've put up some pictures here of the show and canal

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/m...nchester_Show/

This is a straight dump from my camera memory card and I've not had time
to edit/sort/label the pics.

Nice pics, both the show and canal.
Thanks for posting them.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 3, 8:14*pm, Stuart wrote:

Turns out, as I had hoped, there was direct access to the tow-path, via
some gates, from the Barton Square car park so I was able to walk straight
along the canal.

Good to know. So was the aqueduct all you'd dreamt of?! :-)

I've put up some pictures here of the show and canal

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/m...nchester_Show/

Looks like it was an OK show then. I nearly went to it myself, but
transport fell through at the last minute, as is the nature of this
sort of thing!

I've got an interest in model boats, cars and trains. Planes worry me
for some reason!

Festool New Tools Leon Woodworking 22 December 12th 07 10:46 PM
using hand tools to build a woodworking work bench instead of power tools rank beginner Home Repair 7 August 10th 07 12:17 PM
tools, air tools, power tools, hand tools, cordeless tool 4qO3HN tim Electronics Repair 0 February 21st 07 08:34 PM
Install basement dehumidifier? (power tools, tools, damp air) Thomas G. Marshall Woodworking 10 January 4th 06 06:12 PM