DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where to buy deck stain esp. Cablot? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/33437-where-buy-deck-stain-esp-cablot.html)

ejacksn July 17th 04 09:01 PM

Where to buy deck stain esp. Cablot?

I've read up and it seems to be the best but I can't find out where to
buy it. Please help as I need to get this project finished asap.

Secondly how do I know if the wood is dry enough to stain. We power
washed it today and it is a bring sunny day about 80 degree's.

Doug Brown July 17th 04 11:40 PM

Where to buy deck stain esp. Cablot?

Look in the yellow pages under "paint". If you power washed it today it
likely will be too wet. Most of the info I've seen recommends leaving 3
free dry days between washing and staining.
om...

Wilson July 18th 04 01:14 AM

Where to buy deck stain esp. Cablot?

It's Cabot. Yellow (mentioned) amd maybe their website. It's a bit more
expensive than HD and Lowe's, but good stuff. I use some Behr also, from
HD.
Wilson
om...

Edwin Pawlowski July 18th 04 02:33 PM

"Roger amd Missy Behnke" wrote in message
it would help to know where you are located.

He has internet access so all he has to do is go to the Cabot web site.

Bill Schnakenberg July 18th 04 04:22 PM

ejacksn wrote:

I've read up and it seems to be the best but I can't find out where to
buy it. Please help as I need to get this project finished asap.

Secondly how do I know if the wood is dry enough to stain. We power
washed it today and it is a bring sunny day about 80 degree's.

Cabot isn't carried by the 2 big retail giants around here. You can
locate a dealer from the Cabot site.
http://www.cabotstain.com/shared_fra...dealoc&cabot=1
I got mine from a small paint and hardware store in the local village
(listed at the Cabot site). It's expensive, but the guy at the store
gave me a gallon of some off-brand redwood stain for free, when I asked
for some to stain a patio tent wooden frame I got at Sam's a couple of
years ago.

Cabot recommends 3-5 days of dry weather before staining.