DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Source for old Craftsman tool parts? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/33414-source-old-craftsman-tool-parts.html)

jtpr July 15th 04 10:44 PM

Source for old Craftsman tool parts?

I have an old (but good) jointer I need the guard (and blades soon) for.
Anybody know a source? The sears site has none listed.

--
-Jim
©¿©¬

If you want to reply by email its -- ryan at jimryan dot com
Please use BCC and lets all avoid spam

[email protected] July 17th 04 05:45 AM

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:44:05 -0400, "jtpr" wrote:

I have an old (but good) jointer I need the guard (and blades soon) for.
Anybody know a source? The sears site has none listed.

the blades are almost certainly generic. people here have reported
satisfaction with freud's jointer blades.

the guard is another matter. try www.owwm.com . somebody there might
have a lead for you. in a pinch you can make one.

P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº4 July 18th 04 02:17 AM

Source for old Craftsman tool parts?

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:44:05 -0400, "jtpr" wrote:

I have an old (but good) jointer I need the guard (and blades soon)

for.
Anybody know a source? The sears site has none listed.

the blades are almost certainly generic. people here have reported
satisfaction with freud's jointer blades.

the guard is another matter. try www.owwm.com . somebody there might
have a lead for you. in a pinch you can make one.

Try:
http://www.belsaw.com for the blades & maybe even parts

--
© Jon Down ®
"You cannot make someone love you.

jo4hn July 18th 04 06:04 AM

Source for old Craftsman tool parts?

Under no circumstances should you buy replacement knives from Sears. Go
to Freud or most any other brand. Sears QC sucks.
j4

Gerry Wolfe July 19th 04 03:29 AM

Source for old Craftsman tool parts?

Call service/parts at 1-800-469-4663.
I've ordered parts for a router more than 30 yr old.

Knowledgeable, helpful. Rep told me that their website shows only
relatively new stuff, they can go way back into their intranet.

Can't comment on other folks opinions of inferior quality. My subject
router is same as the Ryobi RE600, apparently an industry classic.

good hunting,
rgds, g.