DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Watco Teak Oil on outdoor furniture?! (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/33265-watco-teak-oil-outdoor-furniture.html)

toller July 11th 04 10:33 PM

Watco Teak Oil on outdoor furniture?!

I just bought a teak lounge chair.
I have a bottle of Watco Teak Oil, and it clams to be suitable for outdoor
furniture.
Good choice, or is there something substantially better?

Brian Blazer July 12th 04 02:50 PM

toller wrote:

I just bought a teak lounge chair.
I have a bottle of Watco Teak Oil, and it clams to be suitable for outdoor
furniture.
Good choice, or is there something substantially better?

While I am not sure about Watco, I would go to a local marine supply store
(West Marine, BoatUS) and get either Amazon Teak Oil or Daly's Sea Fin.
The Daly's has a higher solids content so multiple coats will have a bit of
a build. Both products have good UV protection.

Brian
--
Visit www.spaltedboard.com for free woodworking software and forums!

Brian July 12th 04 03:00 PM

Watco Teak Oil on outdoor furniture?!

Yes, that should be fine. Watco is a good teak oil. But keep in mind that
teak outdoors requires regular maintenance, too.

Brian.