Dave Hinz

Default Titebond III Does not Perform

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:03:16 GMT, Leon wrote:
Back during my automotive days it was very important that we used structural
glass adhesive to rebond new replacement windshields and the back glass. I
always wondered how a shattered windshield provided much support.

They don't shatter much in a rollover, and the strength they provide
will be during the first roll, when most of the energy is dissipated.
Even in the most impressive rollovers I've seen (4 or 5 rolls)
the windshield still was mostly intact... the plastic layer inside keeps
it in place, and it'll still have strength in tension even if the glass
is cracked.

Rear windows, yeah, they'll break into tiny granular, not-very-sharp
pieces. But, the C-pillars are much stronger, I'm guessing the structural
contributions of the back window are trivial compared to the windshield.

Dave Hinz

Dave Hinz

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:11:15 GMT, Leon wrote:
Well, that sounds like a good idea and I have exchanged 3 e-mails with him
today. I may be just short of being considered a heckeler from his view.
LOL.. I do however think it would be great if perhaps you or some one else
invite them to participate or at least check in with us once in a while.

As long as he _participates_ rather than uses it as a marketing outlet,
sure. If I start seeing marketing drivel from Titebond's folks, on top
of all the other stuff here lately about them, I'll switch glue brands
to something else.

Leon

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

As long as he _participates_ rather than uses it as a marketing outlet,
sure. If I start seeing marketing drivel from Titebond's folks, on top
of all the other stuff here lately about them, I'll switch glue brands
to something else.

You are absolutely free to do that and you can even plonk them so that you
do not have to see their posts.