Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Recall / Free Upgrade Kit

On 2/3/17 11:08 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
-MIKE- wrote in news

I wouldn't go that far.
I have a table saw with a sled, a really good compound miter saw, and a
radial arm saw.

The RAS is set up on the workbench, ready to use at all times with
dedicated dust collection in the hood and behind the fence. It's my
"go-to" saw for quick, perfectly square, clean cuts on any length stock
up to almost 16" wide and wider with a simply flip of the piece.

I would not want to be without it because of how convenient it is in my
shop, how great it cuts, and how it leaves virtually no saw dust in the
air.

I need to fit some sort of dust collection to my RAS, but other than that
it's a great saw. It took several days to tune up, but it was worth it!
I get square and true cuts with very little effort.

This guide was very helpful:

http://www.johnsonphotographic.com/g..._DeWalt_Radial
_Arm_Saws.pdf

If you don't have a DeWalt, don't despair. You'll likely see the same
concepts expressed differently on other saws. There has to be a way to
set the blade true to the fence and true to the table, the arm parallel
to the table and so on.

Puckdropper

I don't know, man, but if you're into woodworking and making jigs and
whatnot, then you probably already process the skills and mental
fortitude to get one of these things all trued up.
I spent a good day taking mine apart, cleaning and greasing the parts,
putting the new (recall) parts on and getting everything square,
parallel, and true. After that it was in better shape than new. Of
course, I enjoy doing that kind of thing while listening to music or a
game and having a beer or two. Beats watching reality TV. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

[...]

FWIW, Jon Eakes wrote a book about tuning radial
saws a long time ago--covers DeWalt, Craftsman,
and Delta in some detail and has some good ideas
about the principles involved.
http://www.joneakes.com/learning-curve/75-
radial-arm-saws.

Also, Wallace Kunkel's "Mr. Sawdust" book is a
good read http://www.mrsawdust.com/index.php--
setting up the saw is only a minor part of it--
he started at deWalt in the late '40s or early
'50s and stayed there until he retired and he
knew radial saws inside and out. Note that the
family's facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/mrsawdust/ is worth
seeing--several of his sons became woodworkers
and there's a good bit of their output on the
page.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/3/2017 11:36 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/3/17 11:08 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
-MIKE- wrote in news

I wouldn't go that far.
I have a table saw with a sled, a really good compound miter saw, and a
radial arm saw.

[snip]

I don't know, man, but if you're into woodworking and making jigs and
whatnot, then you probably already process the skills and mental
fortitude to get one of these things all trued up.
I spent a good day taking mine apart, cleaning and greasing the parts,
putting the new (recall) parts on and getting everything square,
parallel, and true. After that it was in better shape than new. Of
course, I enjoy doing that kind of thing while listening to music or a
game and having a beer or two. Beats watching reality TV. :-)

LOL! Having an impacted wisdom tooth removed without anesthetic beats
reality television.

As the guide pointed out, the RAS CAN be (in most instances) a great
tool if one takes the time to understand the adjustments, makes them,
and keeps the saw in good repair. I can only speak to my ca 1969
Craftsman RAS but once trued up it stayed true and is a great tool.

After mine was made Sears started getting cute with lotsa plastic,
digital readouts and I doubt (judging from the feel of those later
designs) that they were anywhere near as good as most of the earlier models.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/3/2017 11:36 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

You're probably right about that.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to krw, Keith Ruttenberg wrote:
Are you interested in selling the retrokit ?
What model recall kit is it?
thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...it-526231-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to krw, diykrut wrote:
hello,
Are you interested in selling your retrofit kit?
What model is it?
thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...it-526231-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to krw, diykrut wrote:
Do you happen to have the complete recall kit 509346 that you want to part
with?
thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...it-526231-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 4:26:43 PM UTC-4, kimosabe wrote:
This is old news for some guys. Sears will send you a free upgrade
kit.

Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Recall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7emIOjHC_g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgjxwvHf9To

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to kimosabe, jacques bein wrote:
Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Recall

model 113.199200c
serie 4097.m0218

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...it-526231-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to jpbouvais, James wilkins wrote:
This is not very good for Sears, I can't get up grade for my saw.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...it-526231-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 12:14:09 AM UTC-5, James wilkins wrote:
replying to jpbouvais, James wilkins wrote:
This is not very good for Sears, I can't get up grade for my saw.

Why is your inability to get an upgrade "not very good" for Sears? I'd say it's
not very good for *you*.

BTW...things have not been good for Sears for quite a while now.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/11/here...-its-fall.html

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/15/busin...ary/index.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 08:33:12 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 12:14:09 AM UTC-5, James wilkins wrote:
replying to jpbouvais, James wilkins wrote:
This is not very good for Sears, I can't get up grade for my saw.

Why is your inability to get an upgrade "not very good" for Sears? I'd say it's
not very good for *you*.

BTW...things have not been good for Sears for quite a while now.

See! It wasn't very good for Sears. ;-)

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/11/here...-its-fall.html

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/15/busin...ary/index.html

Yeah, they've been pretty useless for the last 30-40 years. J.C
Penney is following the same path to the grave that got Monkey Ward
and is swallowing Sears.
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to rebecca2057, mark 1780 wrote:
what the number for the upgrade ?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...it-526231-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to diykrut, Jbrwcky wrote:
Where did you get upgrade kit from for Radial Arm saw part #509346,doesn't
register with Sears Parts Direct #s?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...it-526231-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jbrwcky wrote:
replying to diykrut, Jbrwcky wrote:
Where did you get upgrade kit from for Radial Arm saw part #509346,doesn't
register with Sears Parts Direct #s?

Prolly because it was an Emerson part #, which they no longer offer:
http://radialarmsawrecall.com/
http://radialarmsawrecall.com/faq.aspx

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to william mattert, Richard Beck wrote:
How do I go about getting the upgrade kit.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...it-526231-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

Richard Beck m writes:
replying to william mattert, Richard Beck wrote:
How do I go about getting the upgrade kit.

Invent a time machine.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 2:52:47 PM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Richard Beck m writes:
replying to william mattert, Richard Beck wrote:
How do I go about getting the upgrade kit.

Invent a time machine.

Is there a jig for that?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 19:14:03 +0000, Richard Beck
m wrote:

replying to william mattert, Richard Beck wrote:
How do I go about getting the upgrade kit.

Buy one from someone who has one? Oh, you want something for nothing.
Never mind.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Richard Beck m writes:
replying to william mattert, Richard Beck wrote:
How do I go about getting the upgrade kit.

Invent a time machine.

Is there a jig for that?

Maybe a Hot Tub?

No, I think this would be a job for a Delorean but only if the flux
capacitor is up to full charge.
Posted to rec.woodworking

John McGaw wrote in
:

wrote:

On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 2:52:47 PM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal
wrote:
Richard Beck m
writes:
replying to william mattert, Richard Beck wrote:
How do I go about getting the upgrade kit.

Invent a time machine.

Is there a jig for that?

Maybe a Hot Tub?

No, I think this would be a job for a Delorean but only if the flux
capacitor is up to full charge.

Or a police phone box.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/29/2020 2:50 PM, Markem wrote:

Richard Beck m writes:
replying to william mattert, Richard Beck wrote:
How do I go about getting the upgrade kit.

Invent a time machine.

Is there a jig for that?

Maybe a Hot Tub?

No, I think this would be a job for a Delorean but only if the flux
capacitor is up to full charge.

But will can Delorean actually get to 88 MPH?

In free-fall on a good day...

--
Bodger's Dictum: Artifical intelligence
can never overcome natural stupidity.
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to dss, drgary wrote:
Did you cut the power cord as per the instruct?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...it-526231-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

I need a new upgrade for my saw mald no 113.199250 6047 n Mascher street Philadelphia pa 19120 thanks you

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 10:33:37 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I need a new upgrade for my saw mald no 113.199250 6047
n Mascher street Philadelphia pa 19120
thanks you

You wait right there in the car -
I'll be along shortly with the kit.

http://tinyurl.com/ug57je3

Thanks you too.
John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I need a new upgrade for my saw mald no 113.199250 6047
n Mascher street Philadelphia pa 19120
thanks you

You wait right there in the car -
I'll be along shortly with the kit.

http://tinyurl.com/ug57je3

Philly! Love that city. I wouldn't want to live there, but we have a good
friend that has a business-owned condo overlooking Washington Square Park
that we use every couple of years.

The Mütter Museum...always a barrel of laughs.

http://muttermuseum.org/collections/

Old Craftsman radial arm saw free - metro Atlanta John Woodworking 2 May 10th 07 04:49 PM
RECALL: Craftsman Circular Saw Greg Home Repair 0 April 6th 07 12:21 AM
RECALL: Craftsman Circular Saw Greg Home Ownership 0 April 6th 07 12:20 AM
Ryobi Radial Arm Saw Recall KENDALL SEYBERT Woodworking 4 July 20th 06 03:33 AM
Radial Arm Saw, Craftsman Booboo Woodworking 0 January 20th 05 08:53 PM