DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Adirondack Chair (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/32847-adirondack-chair.html)

Gary Dean June 25th 04 06:57 PM

Adirondack Chair

I am planning to build a couple of these chairs but, please excuse a
Brits ignorance, how do you pronounce "Adirondack"?

Gary

Al Reid June 25th 04 07:07 PM

Adirondack Chair

adŽuronŽdak

Gary Dean June 25th 04 07:15 PM

Adirondack Chair

Al Reid wrote:
adŽuronŽdak

"Gary Dean" wrote in message ...

I am planning to build a couple of these chairs but, please excuse a
Brits ignorance, how do you pronounce "Adirondack"?

Gary

Thanks

Dave Hinz June 25th 04 07:15 PM

Adirondack Chair

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:57:26 +0100, Gary Dean wrote:
I am planning to build a couple of these chairs but, please excuse a
Brits ignorance, how do you pronounce "Adirondack"?

Just like it sounds. adder-ON-dakk.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN June 25th 04 08:04 PM

Adirondack Chair

Gary Dean wrote:
I am planning to build a couple of these chairs but, please excuse a
Brits ignorance, how do you pronounce "Adirondack"?

Add-ur-ron-dack (addur-rondack)

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com

Bob June 25th 04 08:46 PM

Adirondack Chair

gotta be a southern boy......never heard it pronounced with a drawl
before...;-)

Bob S.

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
. com...

J T June 25th 04 09:23 PM

Adirondack Chair

Fri, Jun 25, 2004, 6:57pm (EDT+5) (Gary=A0Dean)
laments:
snip please excuse a Brits ignorance, how do you pronounce
"Adirondack"?

Porch.

As in, porch chair.

JOAT
Use your brain - it's the small things that count.
- Bazooka Joe

jo4hn June 26th 04 12:25 AM

Adirondack Chair

just like it's spelled:
tum-ess'-ent

Mortimer Schnerd, RN June 26th 04 12:26 AM

Adirondack Chair

Bob wrote:
gotta be a southern boy......never heard it pronounced with a drawl
before...;-)

Sheee-it. I'm from North Carolina. How'd you know?

Dave Balderstone June 26th 04 12:36 AM

Adirondack Chair

In article , Gary Dean
wrote:

I am planning to build a couple of these chairs but, please excuse a
Brits ignorance, how do you pronounce "Adirondack"?

Gary

Throat-warbler-mangrove

;-)

Allyn Vaughn June 26th 04 12:57 AM

Adirondack Chair

wrote:

I am planning to build a couple of these chairs but, please excuse a
Brits ignorance, how do you pronounce "Adirondack"?

Gary

I always thught it was "add-it-to-your-own-deck"

Allyn

Larry Jaques June 26th 04 01:25 AM

Adirondack Chair

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:26:33 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
calmly ranted:

Bob wrote:
gotta be a southern boy......never heard it pronounced with a drawl
before...;-)

Sheee-it. I'm from North Carolina. How'd you know?

The pronounced bony forehead, single bushy eyebrow, and
shortness of stature, of course.

Nexxxxxxxt!

CAUTION: Driver Legally B l o n d (e)
http://www.diversify.com Web Database Development

Unknown June 26th 04 02:42 AM

Adirondack Chair

wrote:

,;I am planning to build a couple of these chairs but, please excuse a
,;Brits ignorance, how do you pronounce "Adirondack"?

Take a look at "Jake's Chair" before you start cutting pieces.

http://www.internetwoodworking.com/w5/chair.html

There is a "button" for free plans there as well.