Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hole Spacing

Larry Jaques wrote:

You haven't read _The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove_ (or any book by
Christopher Moore) yet, have you?

Just to let you know Larry, I did read a few pages of this book at
Amazon.com.
The author seemed to make effective and interesting use of imagery,
clearly distinguishing the book from those in the "pulp fiction" category.

Surely it must be better than the "Drawing with the right side of the
brain". I admit I only got about 100 pages into that one before I found
a replacement ("Lifelike Drawing with Lee Hammond"). It has its own
methodology too. It is very "gride based" with a lot of emphasis on how
to produce realistic shading (but I didn't realize that when I bought
it). I guess you take a little from here, and a little from there, and
you do what you do. Yes, you can quote me on that...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 16:06:10 -0400, Bill
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

You haven't read _The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove_ (or any book by
Christopher Moore) yet, have you?

Just to let you know Larry, I did read a few pages of this book at
Amazon.com.
The author seemed to make effective and interesting use of imagery,

They just get better and better as the pages progress, too.

clearly distinguishing the book from those in the "pulp fiction" category.

....or the Trash Romance category.

Surely it must be better than the "Drawing with the right side of the
brain". I admit I only got about 100 pages into that one before I found
a replacement ("Lifelike Drawing with Lee Hammond"). It has its own
methodology too. It is very "gride based" with a lot of emphasis on how
to produce realistic shading (but I didn't realize that when I bought
it). I guess you take a little from here, and a little from there, and
you do what you do. Yes, you can quote me on that...

Uh, right. Roger, wilco, and out.

--
The problem with borrowing money from China is
that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

You haven't read _The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove_ (or any book by
Christopher Moore) yet, have you?

Just to let you know Larry, I did read a few pages of this book at
Amazon.com.
The author seemed to make effective and interesting use of imagery,

They just get better and better as the pages progress, too.

clearly distinguishing the book from those in the "pulp fiction" category.

...or the Trash Romance category.

Well, Lust Lizard sounds pretty, errr, romantic... I'm not sure I'm
ready to find out yet what it is doing in Melancholy Cove. It must
really be something special though because the author has alot of titles
to his name! Me, I struggle to write a lot as a single word...
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

You haven't read _The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove_ (or any book by
Christopher Moore) yet, have you?

Just to let you know Larry, I did read a few pages of this book at
Amazon.com.
The author seemed to make effective and interesting use of imagery,

They just get better and better as the pages progress, too.

clearly distinguishing the book from those in the "pulp fiction" category.

...or the Trash Romance category.

Well, Lust Lizard sounds pretty, errr, romantic... I'm not sure I'm

For the record, lust isn't romantic, it's primal. Go for the gusto!
Hump that gasoline truck! (Oops, mustn't let out secrets.)

ready to find out yet what it is doing in Melancholy Cove. It must
really be something special though because the author has alot of titles
to his name!

Like Native American myths/stories? Read _Coyote Blue_, too.
Just don't read Moore's books in public, unless you can handle the
stares when you burst out laughing, wherever you happen to be.

Me, I struggle to write a lot as a single word...

I can't imagine our Bill obsessing over any little thing. I really
can't.

--
The problem with borrowing money from China is
that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again.
--Steve Bridges as Obama
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

You haven't read _The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove_ (or any book by
Christopher Moore) yet, have you?

Just to let you know Larry, I did read a few pages of this book at
Amazon.com.
The author seemed to make effective and interesting use of imagery,

They just get better and better as the pages progress, too.

clearly distinguishing the book from those in the "pulp fiction" category.

...or the Trash Romance category.

Well, Lust Lizard sounds pretty, errr, romantic...

For the record, lust isn't romantic, it's primal.

I was using a euphemism ("the substitution of a mild, indirect, or vague
expression for one thought to be offensive, harsh, or blunt").
I just looked it up to double-check! ; )

Go for the gusto!
Hump that gasoline truck! (Oops, mustn't let out secrets.)

Oh no! The lizard may have escaped!!!

ready to find out yet what it is doing in Melancholy Cove. It must
really be something special though because the author has alot of titles
to his name!

Like Native American myths/stories? Read _Coyote Blue_, too.
Just don't read Moore's books in public, unless you can handle the
stares when you burst out laughing, wherever you happen to be.

Me, I struggle to write a lot as a single word...

I can't imagine our Bill obsessing over any little thing. I really
can't.

Me? You should see the Bill from the A/C guy who soldered a
pinhole-leak for me last month! I don't need to make this stuff up...

BTW, I go as 'Bill' so that I blend in anonymously sort of like a
chameleon. Don't blow my cover, or I'll change my name to Gill or
something else I can remember. Do you remember the movie which featured
the real Gill?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:34:18 -0400, Bill
wrote:

BTW, I go as 'Bill' so that I blend in anonymously sort of like a
chameleon. Don't blow my cover, or I'll change my name to Gill or
something else I can remember. Do you remember the movie which featured
the real Gill?

Sure don't. Was he a wooddorker?

--
The problem with borrowing money from China is
that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again.
--Steve Bridges as Obama
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Well, Lust Lizard sounds pretty, errr, romantic...

For the record, lust isn't romantic, it's primal.

I was using a euphemism ("the substitution of a mild, indirect, or vague
expression for one thought to be offensive, harsh, or blunt").
I just looked it up to double-check! ; )

Go for the gusto!
Hump that gasoline truck! (Oops, mustn't let out secrets.)

Oh no! The lizard may have escaped!!!

Y'know, I just caught that Subject again and realized how well the
book fits it. We're full circle and back on topic!

--
The problem with borrowing money from China is
that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again.
--Steve Bridges as Obama
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

BTW, I go as 'Bill' so that I blend in anonymously sort of like a
chameleon. Don't blow my cover, or I'll change my name to Gill or
something else I can remember. Do you remember the movie which featured
the real Gill?

Sure don't. Was he a wooddorker?

Bill starred in it in 1991.

--
The problem with borrowing money from China is
that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again.
--Steve Bridges as Obama

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

BTW, I go as 'Bill' so that I blend in anonymously sort of like a
chameleon. Don't blow my cover, or I'll change my name to Gill or
something else I can remember. Do you remember the movie which featured
the real Gill?

Sure don't. Was he a wooddorker?

Bill starred in it in 1991.

Nope, still went PSA on me, but I don't want you to blow your cover.

(PSA was an airline, airplanes go over our heads.)

--
The problem with borrowing money from China is
that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again.
--Steve Bridges as Obama
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

BTW, I go as 'Bill' so that I blend in anonymously sort of like a
chameleon. Don't blow my cover, or I'll change my name to Gill or
something else I can remember. Do you remember the movie which featured
the real Gill?

Sure don't. Was he a wooddorker?

Bill starred in it in 1991.

Nope, still went PSA on me, but I don't want you to blow your cover.

(PSA was an airline, airplanes go over our heads.)

I was just kidding about blowing my cover. But if I create too many
sparks with my electrical questions, and I return as Gill, then at least
you'll know it's me!

By the way, 'Gill' was the name of Bob's goldfish in the movie "What
About Bob?" (starrring Bill Murray and Richard Dreyfuss). I only
intended it as an amusing trivia question.

That reminds me of the time my parents went away for a weekend get-away,
during which the 40 gallon fish aquarium on the 2nd floor sprung a leak.
All of the water leaked out, severely damaging the ceiling below...and
the fish...

--
The problem with borrowing money from China is
that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again.
--Steve Bridges as Obama

Posted to rec.woodworking

m II wrote:
What was the hole spacing where the water went through the floor?

Like a softpoint bullet, nothing like the one where it came out.

Hole spacing Paul[_20_] Woodworking 152 October 27th 20 08:42 PM
Hole spacing--- Thanks! Paul[_20_] Woodworking 7 August 22nd 11 05:05 AM
Spacing of guide holes in the 3-hole Kreg Pocket Hole Jig? Chuck Olson[_2_] Woodworking 11 December 9th 08 06:54 PM
Modulator PAL B/G 6.5 MHZ sound spacing to B/G 5.5 or 6 Mhz s. spacing [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 November 6th 06 12:49 PM
Milwaukee 5620 Router Industry Standard Hole Spacing? Steved1961 Woodworking 4 April 17th 05 11:01 PM