DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Semi OT Roofing mat'l for a roof deck - old victorian home (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/32293-semi-ot-roofing-matl-roof-deck-old-victorian-home.html)

John Moorhead June 6th 04 04:16 AM

Semi OT Roofing mat'l for a roof deck - old victorian home

Folks -

I am going also to post over at Fine Homebuilding, but am looking for
feedback. We have torn out a leaky 2nd story flat roof deck (apx 350 sf)
and are fixing rot and "issues". We tore out an old redwood deck that was
atop the hot mopped rolled roof and need to go back with something that
isn't going to cause trouble.

Do any of you have any recommendations for roofing material. Initially, we
were going to put a floating deck atop the new rubbery membrane torch down
roof, but the contractor said if it leaks, then you'll have to tear the deck
out just to fix it and into it for that much more $$$.

There's a material similar to those spray on truck bed liners that *may* be
suitable, but I am worried about flexibility with wood and structure
movement.

I can't be the first guy that's repaired a roof leak on a roof deck, and had
these questions. Ideas???

John Moorhead

Tom June 6th 04 07:49 AM

John Moorhead wrote:

[...]

Flat seam copper, man. I think it's architecturally worth it. And, it can
handle traffic better than just about anything. Tom
Someday, it'll all be over....