Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bone-cutting Bandsaw Blades / Of any use in woodworking?

I've had to cut some beef bones many years ago and learned then about
how hard they sre.

Bone cutting bandsaw blades must be pretty tough. Is there anytime in
woodworking when they would be the best choice to use? Thick
hardwood?

What kind of finish do they leave?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"kimosabe" wrote in message
I've had to cut some beef bones many years ago and learned then about
how hard they sre.

Bone cutting bandsaw blades must be pretty tough. Is there anytime in
woodworking when they would be the best choice to use? Thick
hardwood?

What kind of finish do they leave?

I have used a meat blade and always thought they were better because of
being thicker and not with the tendency to twist the cut
the finish is not that good, but with more teeth, you may get a better cut.
I always sand it down after cutting anyway on a bench belt sander, or with a
fine rasp if it is a slot cut

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 27, 10:04*pm, kimosabe wrote:
I've had to cut some beef bones many years ago and learned then about
how hard they sre.

Bone cutting bandsaw blades must be pretty tough. *Is there anytime in
woodworking when they would be the best choice to use? *Thick
hardwood?

What kind of finish do they leave?

I would guess that they might be good for cutting teak, wenge and the
like (species that rappidly dull blades).

Metal cutting bandsaw blades ronpriest Metalworking 16 February 8th 06 03:30 PM
Bandsaw Blades Chuck Woodworking 13 July 18th 05 05:16 PM
bandsaw blades Mike Leskowyak Woodturning 5 April 8th 05 04:18 PM
bandsaw blades SteveB Metalworking 13 May 27th 04 01:06 PM
What bandsaw blades? Eric Olsen Woodworking 4 October 8th 03 03:14 PM