Mike

Default "Bold ways with wood floors"

Bold ways with wood floors
A few years ago, homeowners who wanted a hardwood floor had anywhere
from 20 to 30 tree species from which to select.
at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...2241-9031r.htm
B a r r y

On 26 May 2004 07:41:34 -0700, (Mike) wrote:

Bold ways with wood floors
A few years ago, homeowners who wanted a hardwood floor had anywhere
from 20 to 30 tree species from which to select.
at
http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...2241-9031r.htm

If you avoid the BORG, you still have many choices.

This guy will mill almost anything into flooring:

http://www.cwghardwoodoutlet.com/flooring/index.html

He lists a dozen or so species as "stock".

Barry
J. Clarke

B a r r y wrote:

On 26 May 2004 07:41:34 -0700, (Mike) wrote:

Bold ways with wood floors
A few years ago, homeowners who wanted a hardwood floor had anywhere
from 20 to 30 tree species from which to select.
at
http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...2241-9031r.htm

If you avoid the BORG, you still have many choices.

This guy will mill almost anything into flooring:

http://www.cwghardwoodoutlet.com/flooring/index.html

He lists a dozen or so species as "stock".

Actually, he's got 35 species in stock, although not all are suitable for
flooring. The "Lapacho" he lists is Ipe, yellow dust and all.

Barry

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
B a r r y

On Wed, 26 May 2004 13:57:58 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Actually, he's got 35 species in stock, although not all are suitable for
flooring. The "Lapacho" he lists is Ipe, yellow dust and all.

Right. G

I was talking of his stock _flooring_, shown @
http://www.cwghardwoodoutlet.com/flooring/display.html, not the
general hardwood selection.

CWG is one of the places I get my wood from.

Barry

Charlie Self

yared posts:

Bold ways with wood floors
A few years ago, homeowners who wanted a hardwood floor had anywhere
from 20 to 30 tree species from which to select.
at http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...2241-9031r.htm

And the article states: "The variety of woods available gives homeowners
greater flexibility in their design choices. If someone wants a durable wood
with a deep cherry color, they may opt for a tough oak floor, then stain it a
rich cherry red, he says."

And how does sentence 2 relate to sentence 1? Thought the Wash Post did better
than that. A big wow to realize that plain ol' oak can be stained red?

Some days, the news hole is bigger than the news.

Charlie Self
"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
Devil's Dictionary

Charlie Self

Steven P responds:

[...]

Oops. Sorry about that. I can usually tell the difference, though not always in
the features sections.

Charlie Self
"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
Devil's Dictionary

Jana

(Mike) wrote in message om...
Bold ways with wood floors
A few years ago, homeowners who wanted a hardwood floor had anywhere
from 20 to 30 tree species from which to select.
at
http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20040...2241-9031r.htm

I just thought you may find this interesting. I sell hardwood
flooring and offer many different species. The one problem I have is
that people get too confused when you show them too much. I've
actually sold flooring of all species we carry to be mixed randomly
throughout the entire floor. It looks awesome in the right house. You
can also get some good deals from the supplier this way. It helps
clean up all those packs of this and that that tend to accumulate.
Jana