DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   O/T: A Sign Of The Times (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/318916-o-t-sign-times.html)

Lew Hodgett[_6_] February 17th 11 02:08 AM

O/T: A Sign Of The Times

There are 5 for $10 T-Shirt stores all over SoCal announced with
blazing signs across their building facades, "5 for $10".

Haven't been in one for a couple of years and my supply of T-Shirts is
beginning to get a little low, so made a stop today.

Welcome to the real world.

There are still 5 for $10 T-Shirts; however, the shirts I like, 100%
cotton, solid color, shirts W/O a pocket.

My shirts are now 3 for $11.

Oh well, 3 for $11 still doesn't require a tie.

I'm still ahead of the game.

Lew

Matt[_10_] February 17th 11 02:58 AM

O/T: A Sign Of The Times

On 2/16/2011 7:08 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
There are 5 for $10 T-Shirt stores all over SoCal announced with
blazing signs across their building facades, "5 for $10".

Haven't been in one for a couple of years and my supply of T-Shirts is
beginning to get a little low, so made a stop today.

Welcome to the real world.

There are still 5 for $10 T-Shirts; however, the shirts I like, 100%
cotton, solid color, shirts W/O a pocket.

My shirts are now 3 for $11.

Oh well, 3 for $11 still doesn't require a tie.

I'm still ahead of the game.

Lew

Reminds me I need to pick up some new tee-shirts also.

And I understand your sentiment. Since I retired a couple of years ago,
tee-shirts and shorts are the "uniform of the day"... used to stop in at
a Van Huesen outlet store twice a year to get shirts and slacks for the
office; friend told me a few days ago that the store had closed down a
while back.

Matt

DGDevin February 17th 11 03:30 AM

O/T: A Sign Of The Times

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...

There are 5 for $10 T-Shirt stores all over SoCal announced with blazing
signs across their building facades, "5 for $10".

Haven't been in one for a couple of years and my supply of T-Shirts is
beginning to get a little low, so made a stop today.

I used to work for a company where vendors handed out as many corporate logo
t-shirts and polo shirts etc. as you could stagger away with, so I still
have a ton of those. And unfortunately my wife and I are both addicted to
t-shirts from musicians we enjoy, so we have a closetful or two of shirts
from our favorite bands. About the only way I'll buy a plain t-shirt again
is if it comes with a free six pack of decent beer.

Larry Jaques[_3_] February 17th 11 03:33 AM

O/T: A Sign Of The Times

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 18:08:25 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

There are 5 for $10 T-Shirt stores all over SoCal announced with
blazing signs across their building facades, "5 for $10".

Haven't been in one for a couple of years and my supply of T-Shirts is
beginning to get a little low, so made a stop today.

Welcome to the real world.

There are still 5 for $10 T-Shirts; however, the shirts I like, 100%
cotton, solid color, shirts W/O a pocket.

My shirts are now 3 for $11.

Oh well, 3 for $11 still doesn't require a tie.

I'm still ahead of the game.

You still wearing those blue and white striped sailor tees, Lew?
http://fourhorsemen.ca/wp-content/up...ShirtWhite.jpg

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from the
effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.

Josepi[_17_] February 17th 11 03:47 AM

O/T: A Sign Of The Times

I used to have to have a top pocket, no matter what but being a non-smoker I
can wear the cheap ones again.

How about somebody silk screen rec.woodworking on them and sell them for $10
each?

Bill[_37_] February 17th 11 04:05 AM

O/T: A Sign Of The Times

Josepi wrote:
I used to have to have a top pocket, no matter what but being a
non-smoker I can wear the cheap ones again.

How about somebody silk screen rec.woodworking on them and sell them for
$10 each?

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
There are 5 for $10 T-Shirt stores all over SoCal announced with
blazing signs across their building facades, "5 for $10".
Haven't been in one for a couple of years and my supply of T-Shirts is
beginning to get a little low, so made a stop today.
Welcome to the real world.
There are still 5 for $10 T-Shirts; however, the shirts I like, 100%
cotton, solid color, shirts W/O a pocket.
My shirts are now 3 for $11.
Oh well, 3 for $11 still doesn't require a tie.
I'm still ahead of the game.

Lew

I got a good quality t-shirt on sale at Menards with their "logo" (name)
on it for $2.99. I wasn't shopping for a t-shirt that day, but hey.

Bill

HeyBub[_3_] February 17th 11 05:27 AM

A Sign Of The Times

Lew Hodgett wrote:
There are 5 for $10 T-Shirt stores all over SoCal announced with
blazing signs across their building facades, "5 for $10".

Haven't been in one for a couple of years and my supply of T-Shirts is
beginning to get a little low, so made a stop today.

Welcome to the real world.

There are still 5 for $10 T-Shirts; however, the shirts I like, 100%
cotton, solid color, shirts W/O a pocket.

My shirts are now 3 for $11.

Oh well, 3 for $11 still doesn't require a tie.

I'm still ahead of the game.

The cotton futures market has gone nuts. Cotton is now priced at $1.90/lb.
The last time it was this high ($1.89/lb) was during the Recent
Unplesantness when cotton from the Confederacy was interrupted by northern
aggressors.

Synthetics, too, have had their prices increase 50% in the past year.

willshak February 17th 11 03:44 PM

O/T: A Sign Of The Times

Lew Hodgett wrote the following:
There are 5 for $10 T-Shirt stores all over SoCal announced with
blazing signs across their building facades, "5 for $10".

Haven't been in one for a couple of years and my supply of T-Shirts is
beginning to get a little low, so made a stop today.

Welcome to the real world.

There are still 5 for $10 T-Shirts; however, the shirts I like, 100%
cotton, solid color, shirts W/O a pocket.

My shirts are now 3 for $11.

Oh well, 3 for $11 still doesn't require a tie.

I'm still ahead of the game.

Lew

Since I don't have to wear white tee shirts anymore, I buy my colored
tee shirts at A.C. Moore, the arts and crafts store.
They have them for people who want to print stuff on. They have a wide
variety of colors and are heavy duty Hanes shirts.
Last time I bought some they were less than $3 apiece.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY