DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Parts for Atlas 12" 7122 Lathe (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/31889-parts-atlas-12%22-7122-lathe.html)

Xlat May 25th 04 01:45 PM

Parts for Atlas 12" 7122 Lathe

I am looking for parts for this lathe, mainly for the tailstock. I've
called Clausing, they said that they don't have anything for the old
wood lathes anymore.

Would anyone know who might have them, or what maybe Atlas / Clausing
did with whatever inventory they might have had when they quit selling
the parts? Any help appreciated. Barring all that, I guess I'll part
the lathe out to people like me, looking for parts...

Mainly I need the Ram, the bearing, and the "handle" parts.

Thanks.

Remove the nospam from my address to email me!!

[email protected] May 25th 04 06:50 PM

Parts for Atlas 12" 7122 Lathe

On Tue, 25 May 2004 12:45:48 GMT, Xlat
wrote:

I am looking for parts for this lathe, mainly for the tailstock. I've
called Clausing, they said that they don't have anything for the old
wood lathes anymore.

Would anyone know who might have them, or what maybe Atlas / Clausing
did with whatever inventory they might have had when they quit selling
the parts? Any help appreciated. Barring all that, I guess I'll part
the lathe out to people like me, looking for parts...

Mainly I need the Ram, the bearing, and the "handle" parts.

Thanks.

Remove the nospam from my address to email me!!

Unfortunately, you've got a bit of an uphill battle on your hands. The
first thing usually lost on a lathe is the tailstock, so there are a
lot more tailstockless lathes out there than latheless tailstocks.

Anne Watson May 25th 04 07:16 PM

Parts for Atlas 12" 7122 Lathe

Ask your question about the lathe parts in this URL
Maybe they can help

http://www.oldwwmachines.com/

Anne

Xlat May 25th 04 07:43 PM

Parts for Atlas 12" 7122 Lathe

I'll try that group, but right now, it's looking like another lathe
for the scrap heap. I hate that too. Everything today is throw
away!!

Remove the nospam from my address to email me!!

[email protected] May 25th 04 10:43 PM

Parts for Atlas 12" 7122 Lathe

On Tue, 25 May 2004 18:43:07 GMT, Xlat
wrote:

I'll try that group, but right now, it's looking like another lathe
for the scrap heap. I hate that too. Everything today is throw
away!!

Remove the nospam from my address to email me!!

look into having a machinist make you one. it just might be worth it.

Bob Itnyre May 26th 04 12:30 AM

Xlat wrote in message . ..
I'll try that group, but right now, it's looking like another lathe
for the scrap heap. I hate that too. Everything today is throw
away!!

Remove the nospam from my address to email me!!

I've got one of those lathes. Because of this, I watch ebay for these
lathes and every so often one will be for sale. Hope you find one.
Bob