DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Another excellent Lee Valley episode (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/315975-another-excellent-lee-valley-episode.html)

Zz Yzx December 26th 10 12:01 AM

Another excellent Lee Valley episode

I placed an online order for some stocking stuffers with Lee Valley,
and chose the "expedited shipping" (3-day). A check I had deposited
didn't clear like I thought it would, so the ATM order was declined. I
called way early Tuesday morning (I'm in Calif) to re-place the order,
and the kind woman told me that it probably wouldn't get deliverd
before Xmas eve. 2-day shipping costed more than the order, so I
declined and hoped for the best. She said "Let's see what we can do".

I got the order mid-day Xmas eve, it was sent 2nd day delviery.

I hope nobody at Lee Valley reads this and gets upset.

-Zz

charlie b December 28th 10 03:59 AM

Another excellent Lee Valley episode

One part of their very successful way of doing business is empowering
everyone in the company, especially those who interact directly with
customers. You got great service and a break on shipping. Lee Valley
the type of word of mouth advertising that can't be bought and can only
be earned. Good quality products - at a fair price - and excellent
customer service - THAT'S Lee Valley!

Larry Jaques[_3_] December 28th 10 09:10 PM

Another excellent Lee Valley episode

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 19:59:16 -0800, charlie b
wrote:

One part of their very successful way of doing business is empowering
everyone in the company, especially those who interact directly with
customers. You got great service and a break on shipping. Lee Valley
the type of word of mouth advertising that can't be bought and can only
be earned. Good quality products - at a fair price -

I'm puzzled by the absolutely Festering prices of some of the new
Veritas tools, though. (Robin, what's up with those?)

and excellent
customer service - THAT'S Lee Valley!

Yessiree, it is. At that they excel, truly.

I just grabbed a few items yesterday since they're having the FREE
SHIPPING sale right now. Dec 23 through Jan 10, 2011, guys!

Digital protractor for $20? #50 clone patternmaker's rasp for $14?
Got 'em, along with some 6" phillips screwdriver tips!

--
Make the best use of what is in your power,
and take the rest as it happens.

Wayne Jacques December 29th 10 02:37 AM

Another excellent Lee Valley episode

so my wife orders my dream tool of the year...the 52" Veritas tool guide
plus the 48" extension and the traveller.

it came missing the two 1" clamps. No big deal, I will call them on the
27th. I did. Very nice man answered, He looked me up in the database, found
the purchase and immediately offered to send out two replacement clamps, NO
CHARGE.

why are more companies not like this. No hassle, no fuss. I guess they
figure I will keep spending money there and they are right.

LdB December 29th 10 05:13 PM

On 12/28/2010 8:37 PM, Wayne Jacques wrote:
so my wife orders my dream tool of the year...the 52" Veritas tool guide
plus the 48" extension and the traveller.

it came missing the two 1" clamps. No big deal, I will call them on the
27th. I did. Very nice man answered, He looked me up in the database, found
the purchase and immediately offered to send out two replacement clamps, NO
CHARGE.

why are more companies not like this. No hassle, no fuss. I guess they
figure I will keep spending money there and they are right.

When they couldn't supply me with the band saw blade I wanted they
gave me the 800 phone number of a competitor.

LdB