Posted to rec.woodworking

Default sikai drawer slides

There is a company in my town that was bringing in Chinese cabinets. The
guy has about 1,000 Sikai drawer glides. There are a couple of different
lengths. I can get all of them for a very cheap price. Is this something
that any of you might be interested in, or maybe ebay?

The longest is 18", and I believe the next size down is 16". There is a
spring dampener on them. I have some cabinets with them on the drawers, and
they close easy, and then hit a spot where the drawer closes softly by
itself.

Should I pick up all these?

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
For how much??

I would prefer American made... but what is these days?

I tried to look them up, and they come up on Google, but then I can't find
these at the sites. What do you think they're worth for a pair?

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/10 10:28 PM, Steve B wrote:

I tried to look them up, and they come up on Google, but then I can't find
these at the sites.

Steve

If they came in to the country through a cabinet importer, they are
probably made for the Chinese cabinet maker by this manufacturer. The
same manufacturer probably make the same slides for all kinds of other
cabinet and furniture companies and stamps their names on them or no
name at all.

They are likely the same quality as the generics you would buy at a home
store.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 8, 11:56*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 12/8/10 10:28 PM, Steve B wrote:

I tried to look them up, and they come up on Google, but then I can't find
these at the sites.

Steve

If they came in to the country through a cabinet importer, they are
probably made for the Chinese cabinet maker by this manufacturer. The
same manufacturer probably make the same slides for all kinds of other
cabinet and furniture companies and stamps their names on them or no
name at all.

They are likely the same quality as the generics you would buy at a home
store.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

18" is a bit of a limit for kitchen app, but usable in a vanity.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
There is a company in my town that was bringing in Chinese cabinets. The
guy has about 1,000 Sikai drawer glides. There are a couple of different
lengths. I can get all of them for a very cheap price. Is this something
that any of you might be interested in, or maybe ebay?

The longest is 18", and I believe the next size down is 16". There is a
spring dampener on them. I have some cabinets with them on the drawers,
and they close easy, and then hit a spot where the drawer closes softly by
itself.

Should I pick up all these?

Steve

What style are they?? I can get KV full extension 22" soft close side
slides for about $19 per pair in 10 packs.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
There is a company in my town that was bringing in Chinese cabinets. The
guy has about 1,000 Sikai drawer glides. There are a couple of different
lengths. I can get all of them for a very cheap price. Is this
something that any of you might be interested in, or maybe ebay?

The longest is 18", and I believe the next size down is 16". There is a
spring dampener on them. I have some cabinets with them on the drawers,
and they close easy, and then hit a spot where the drawer closes softly
by itself.

Should I pick up all these?

Steve

What style are they?? I can get KV full extension 22" soft close side
slides for about $19 per pair in 10 packs.

I will have to get them out and photo them and post. There are three or
four styles, I'd say. The guy has a pallet full he wants me to just cart
off. I imagine I could sell them for less than retail, and everyone would
make a good deal.

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Steve B, doug wrote:
I know this is a long shot to see if you can get them still, but if you can
please email me

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...es-342578-.htm

Drawer Slides Jim Brown Woodworking 4 November 15th 07 12:33 AM
Drawer slides Anon Ymous Woodworking 9 February 21st 07 12:38 AM
drawer slides Tom Friar Woodworking 7 April 9th 06 10:07 AM
Drawer slides [email protected] Woodworking 24 January 9th 06 05:10 PM
Drawer Slides bole2cant Woodworking 11 February 28th 04 08:01 PM