DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT X-10 (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/312749-ot-x-10-a.html)

Hoosierpopi November 2nd 10 04:06 AM

OT X-10

I regularly employ X-10 modules and sensors to control my 120VAC lamps
and such. THier website is a terror for dial-up Internet users (as am
I) though great for those who enjoy pics of busty girls selling
electronics.

At any rate, what I am looking for is a way to switch 12VDC circuits
using the existing X10 wireless motion detectors (Like te Eagle Eye
MS14A.

I tried looking for an on-line interest group similar to this one for
Woodworking and could not find one in which to post such a question or
request for help in this effort.

So, with OT Apologies, I post this here just in case any or many of
you also fiddle with X-10 stuff and can offer some direction if not
part numbers.

Thanks

Josepi[_11_] November 2nd 10 04:10 AM

OT X-10

Go to

comp.home.automation.

The Universal I/F has output contacts for just that. I forget the model
number and things are still packed away from the move, somewhat. It's cheap
too.

I told X10.com I would never buy from them again after all the pop-ups years
ago. Worst I have seen.

[email protected] November 2nd 10 04:29 PM

OT X-10

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 21:06:08 -0700 (PDT), Hoosierpopi
wrote:

I regularly employ X-10 modules and sensors to control my 120VAC lamps
and such. THier website is a terror for dial-up Internet users (as am
I) though great for those who enjoy pics of busty girls selling
electronics.

At any rate, what I am looking for is a way to switch 12VDC circuits
using the existing X10 wireless motion detectors (Like te Eagle Eye
MS14A.

I tried looking for an on-line interest group similar to this one for
Woodworking and could not find one in which to post such a question or
request for help in this effort.

So, with OT Apologies, I post this here just in case any or many of
you also fiddle with X-10 stuff and can offer some direction if not
part numbers.

Thanks

The UM506 Universal Module provides a contact clocure and is rated at
30 volts.

Manual page he
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/um506-is.pdf

John

[email protected] November 2nd 10 04:29 PM

OT X-10

You want an X-10 Universal Module, like this:

http://www.smarthome.com/2010/X10-Un...-Module/p.aspx

You can find it cheaper elsewhere.

-Brian

whit3rd November 4th 10 05:53 PM

OT X-10

On Nov 1, 9:06*pm, Hoosierpopi wrote:
I regularly employ X-10 modules and sensors to control my 120VAC lamps
and such. *THier website is a terror for dial-up Internet users (as am
I) though great for those who enjoy pics of busty girls selling
electronics.

At any rate, what I am looking for is a way to switch 12VDC circuits
using the existing X10 wireless motion detectors

One of the modules (I think it is intended to power a camera
and run a rotate motor) gives +12V power and +12V switched
power. Look up XM14A for more information.

Hoosierpopi November 4th 10 09:58 PM

OT X-10

Thank you all for the feedback.

I need to find an electronics group as I have some additional
questions / ideas and need help.

Robert Bonomi November 6th 10 10:17 PM

OT X-10

In article ,
Hoosierpopi wrote:
Thank you all for the feedback.

I need to find an electronics group as I have some additional
questions / ideas and need help.

Try alt.home.automation A bunch of X-10 heads hang out there. or used to.