DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   REQ: Plans for Collectable (antique) Rocking Horse (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/31165-req-plans-collectable-antique-rocking-horse.html)

[email protected] May 3rd 04 12:27 AM

REQ: Plans for Collectable (antique) Rocking Horse

Hi Everyone
as a lurker for awhile I've seen some great work, and lots of Plans, but I
was looking for plans for an antique style rocking horse. You know, the one
that really looks like a horse, with ornate saddle, and carved ends on the
rockers. Had a guy who was making them and the people were lining up to
order them at 350.00 a pop plus depending on the wood. This one is just for
the grand nephew though. Thanks in advance.

Lee

WoodChuck34 May 3rd 04 02:34 PM

REQ: Plans for Collectable (antique) Rocking Horse

was looking for plans for an antique style rocking horse. You know, the one
that really looks like a horse, with ornate saddle, and carved ends on

Lee,

Is this the one you are looking for:

http://store.yahoo.com/plansnow/rockhors.html

I made this one for my daughter. The plan was easy to follow. I
would suggest making MDF templates with the paper pattern first to
ensure the legs match. Besides, it makes it easier to make those $350
horses. Maybe I'll have to do some moonlighting. It would be nice to
earn some money to pay for the obsession.

Chuck

J T May 4th 04 05:16 AM

REQ: Plans for Collectable (antique) Rocking Horse

Sun, May 2, 2004, 11:27pm (EDT+4) says he wants
plans:
snip looking for plans for an antique style rocking horse. snip

Simple. Google - carousel rocking horse plans - 9,000+ hits. Just
pick the plans you want. Used to be some free plans out there, but
don't know if they're still available or not.

JOAT
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your
pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.
- Phil Pastoret

Nate Perkins May 4th 04 05:47 AM

wrote in message ...
Hi Everyone
as a lurker for awhile I've seen some great work, and lots of Plans, but I
was looking for plans for an antique style rocking horse. You know, the one
that really looks like a horse, with ornate saddle, and carved ends on the
rockers. Had a guy who was making them and the people were lining up to
order them at 350.00 a pop plus depending on the wood. This one is just for
the grand nephew though. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I made three rocking horses using plans from Wood magazine, Nov 1995.
They can also be had online,

http://www.woodzone.com/Merchant2/me..._Cod e=961426

If you'd like to see pics of some of the completed horses, I've got
them on my web site at http://home.earthlink.net/~nateperkins1/

Cheers,
Nate

[email protected] May 4th 04 05:34 PM

REQ: Plans for Collectable (antique) Rocking Horse

On 3-May-2004, (Nate Perkins) wrote:

Screen

Beautifully done, but a question... the wood looks as if it's one piece or
is it glued up and cut out?

Lee

Nate Perkins May 4th 04 11:44 PM

REQ: Plans for Collectable (antique) Rocking Horse

wrote in message ...
On 3-May-2004,
(Nate Perkins) wrote:

Screen

Beautifully done, but a question... the wood looks as if it's one piece or
is it glued up and cut out?

Hi,

The ones I made were glued up and cut out. I suppose you could use
some thicker stock and save some effort doing the laminations. There
is some advantage in making the bottom rocker from laminated pieces,
because you can orient the grain on the pieces being laminated at an
offset -- which makes the curved rockers a bit stronger.

Cheers,
Nate