DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   SketchUp - CutList plugin 4.1.1 (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/311465-sketchup-cutlist-plugin-4-1-1-a.html)

Swingman October 11th 10 02:36 PM

SketchUp - CutList plugin 4.1.1

David Richards over at Fine Woodworkings "Click, Design, Build" blog has
a heads-up in the first link; and a more in-depth view and use of the
SketchUp Cutlist plugin 4.1.1 in the second of the links below:

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...released-today

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...-in-depth-look

Those of you who have yet to get a handle on this useful plugin should
find it informative.

Since many of us use both SketchUp and CutList Plus, it is also a
reminder that the SketchUp plugin can export a file directly from
SketchUp that is specifically formatted for import into CutList Plus.

Worth a look if you use either program ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Bill[_31_] October 11th 10 03:58 PM

On 10/11/2010 9:36 AM, Swingman wrote:
David Richards over at Fine Woodworkings "Click, Design, Build" blog has
a heads-up in the first link; and a more in-depth view and use of the
SketchUp Cutlist plugin 4.1.1 in the second of the links below:

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...released-today

http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...-in-depth-look

Those of you who have yet to get a handle on this useful plugin should
find it informative.

Since many of us use both SketchUp and CutList Plus, it is also a
reminder that the SketchUp plugin can export a file directly from
SketchUp that is specifically formatted for import into CutList Plus.

Worth a look if you use either program ...

I just started writing very basic plug-ins for SU last week, I started
learning Ruby a week or two before that. If you know an object-oriented
language, like Java, it doesn't take too terribly long to get started.
I am not an expert, but I think Ruby is more like Python or PHP. I was
just curious to see who else here is interested in writing plug-ins for
SketchUp. I recently signed up at SketchUcation.com--but I learned
everything I know about animation working with KarlC's (Swingman's) Zip
file (kitchen demo)! : )

Bill