Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default apple wood stump

My neighbour finally dug the apple stump out of the ground. This is
about 2ft in diameter and weighs about 160 lb. I've heard several
ways to dry out the burled wood without cracking, but I've never tried
one before.

Has anyone ever done a dry out on a stump burl without it cracking?

Should get some nice turnings out of this thing.

apple wood stump [email protected] Woodworking 2 May 18th 10 02:42 PM
Apple Wood Mark Haveman Woodturning 6 October 24th 09 01:23 PM
When to cut apple wood up? Toller Woodworking 4 August 18th 06 05:28 AM
apple wood donald girod Woodworking 6 April 20th 06 04:23 PM
Apple Wood Graham Nichols Woodturning 6 July 29th 03 09:02 PM