Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Obama stops oil leak in Gulf. BP staff grateful.

"Upscale" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:36:03 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:
You have to also consider how much the economy in general is affecting the
tourism. Because not all beaches are affected and they too have a decline
in tourists, one has to think that the down turn in the economy may be
playing a large part also. You can start blaming wreckless sensational
reporting for that and maybe the media should also be held accountable.

Read an article recently on how the real estate market has been
affected ~ particularly so with Canadian snow birds. Every local with
an oil infected beach within 100 miles or more has had the snow birds
drop their purchase negotiations completely.

While there is no doubt there is some serious damage, the entire coast is
not nearly as bad off as the media would have you believe. The coast line
is hundreds upon hundreds of mile long. The media shows hundreds up on
hundreds of yards of shore line. Imagine what a dream story it would be for
the reporters if they had something to back up their insinuations.

Because the belief is that the entire shore is affected, because of out of
context reporting by the media, the entire region suffers.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:46:42 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"Upscale" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:36:03 -0500, "Leon"

But, your honor, I only put one tiny bullet hole in his forehead! Now
you want me to be responsible for the rest of the body? That just
isn't fair!

You left out the part where the media heard and reported to the shooter that
the guy with the hole in his head had been doing the shooters wife.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-07-20 09:46:42 -0400, "Leon" said:

While there is no doubt there is some serious damage, the entire coast
is not nearly as bad off as the media would have you believe.

OTOH, some of the clean-up workers will get to live in the notorious
FEMA trailers which had been in storage at the Jefferson Proving
Grounds in Jeffersonville, IN.

Somehow, I think formaldehyde ought to go quite nicely with oil spills.