Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Electrical Fire Followup

The electrician got here today. The cause looks like arcing, as was
suggested here.

We've got a new timer and the proper external box. The timer was the
Intermatic T101, the one I was looking at online. I just requested a timer
and didn't specify which one. (How new are the ones with the big plastic
covers that cover the outlet with something plugged in?)

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 8, 3:25*pm, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
The electrician got here today. *The cause looks like arcing, as was
suggested here.

We've got a new timer and the proper external box. *The timer was the
Intermatic T101, the one I was looking at online. *I just requested a timer
and didn't specify which one. *(How new are the ones with the big plastic
covers that cover the outlet with something plugged in?)

Puckdropper

They are not very new and have been around for quite some time. Code
now requires them for use in a pool area.

Should have gone with the T101R (Outdoor version of what you have).
Unless it is mounted inside somewhere.

Allen