DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   victorian millwork (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/306147-victorian-millwork.html)

Uno July 8th 10 07:48 PM

victorian millwork

Hello again,

This exterior door I'm working on has victorian millwork that has
largely failed. I don't even know the names of the parts that I need to
replace. (Maybe someone can help me with that.)

The closest word I have is "spindle." They've been turned with a lathe,
have cylindical symmetry, are about 8 long, and there's maybe eight of them.

I went to home depot to see if they had something but came up empty-handed.

Again, I'll try to snip an image today. Anyone replaced something like
this before?

Thx for your comment.
--
Uno

Upscale July 8th 10 07:56 PM

victorian millwork

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:48:51 -0600, Uno wrote:

The closest word I have is "spindle." They've been turned with a lathe,
have cylindical symmetry, are about 8 long, and there's maybe eight of them.

Post a picture to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

SonomaProducts.com July 8th 10 08:16 PM

victorian millwork

The closest word I have is "spindle." *They've been turned with a lathe,
have cylindical symmetry, are about 8 long, and there's maybe eight of them.
Uno

Try Vandykes and look under wood moldings

For instance http://www.vandykes.com/product/2084...ding-maple-8-2

Sonny July 8th 10 08:55 PM

victorian millwork

Something like this?

http://www.historichouseparts.com/images/1026-10.jpg

Sonny
I hope the link is correct. I've been having problems inserting links.