Posted to rec.woodworking

Default sealing end grains on gate / compressor bleed out

oH yes it is!!
sorry I am getting all muddled again and again and again!

"Josepi" wrote in message

Not my post.
-------------

"Josepi" wrote in message
Josepi wrote:
Oxidation is when a substance combines with oxygen. ...

And indeed,

4 Fe + 3 02 -- 2 Fe2O3

You forgot the salt.

Posted to rec.woodworking

oH yes it is!!
sorry I am getting all muddled again and again and again!

----------------
"Josepi" wrote in message

Not mine

Troll clone
----------------

"Josepi" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote:

"Josepi" wrote in message
Water is composed hydrogen and oxygen atoms. Rust is not an atomic
chemistry
level reaction.

Water does **NOT** contain oxygen molecules unless some oxygen molecules
have been disolved in it.
This is why closed loop heating systems, made almost completely out of
iron
and steel pipe and fittings do not rust themselves out.

Which is not a scretch. Humid air going through the compression process
will condense and form water as it cools and will have oxygen molecules in
it. Just the thing needed to rust a tank.

Superheated Oxygen! Now there is a stretch!!
Get some smarts rube. You want to appear intelligent
do some work on your posting.
I am the boss of posting around here.
You will obey!

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
"Josepi" wrote in message

Water does **NOT** contain oxygen molecules unless some oxygen molecules
have been disolved in it.
This is why closed loop heating systems, made almost completely out of
iron
and steel pipe and fittings do not rust themselves out.

Which is not a scretch. Humid air going through the compression process
will condense and form water as it cools and will have oxygen molecules in
it. Just the thing needed to rust a tank.

Of course it contains oxygen. But, it contains less oxygen than pure
air, so my question remains: does a steel tank rust faster under a
puddle of water or where it has constantly damp surface?

After 30 to 60 years, or whenever my tank fails, and I cut the sucker in
half, will the rust be at the bottom of the tank which has been
constantly underwater or along the sides, where they just remain a
little damp with lots of oxygen?

On a side note, those in the rec that call everyone they disagree with a
"troll", seem to be finding out what a troll really is. I suggest
ignoring the real troll.

--
Jack
Got Change: General Motors ===== Government Motors!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Again. Pure water does NOT contain any oxygen molecules. Looks like some
chemistry examples demonstrated that rust is not atomic chemistry.

I guess you have your question answered then, short of a lot of noise to
disprove facts posted by real participators...LOL

The tank will rust just above the water line and the rust will fall to the
bottom of the liquid.

Side Note: Good advice excpet "a troll" is in the mind of the namer,
apparently.
Send in the clones!

-----------------------

"Josepi" wrote in message

Water does **NOT** contain oxygen molecules unless some oxygen molecules
have been disolved in it.
This is why closed loop heating systems, made almost completely out of
iron
and steel pipe and fittings do not rust themselves out.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/28/2010 9:32 PM, Josepi wrote:
Not my post.
-------------

wrote in message
Josepi wrote:
Oxidation is when a substance combines with oxygen. ...

And indeed,

4 Fe + 3 02 -- 2 Fe2O3

You forgot the salt.

It was easy to tell it wasn't your post because it was BOTTOM POSTED.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
Josepi wrote:
Oxidation is when a substance combines with oxygen. ...

And indeed,

4 Fe + 3 02 -- 2 Fe2O3

You forgot the salt.

It was easy to tell it wasn't your post because it was BOTTOM POSTED.

PDFTFT

Graphic support for different grains [email protected] Woodworking 2 June 25th 07 06:19 PM
How do I bleed my radiators? Joe Home Repair 7 November 28th 06 03:01 AM
How do I bleed radiators? mr j UK diy 18 January 30th 06 11:19 AM
Paint bleed-through? ? ? Ray Home Repair 3 August 11th 05 10:14 PM
Grains - 32,000 grains - 25 grains [email protected] Home Ownership 1 May 18th 05 10:35 PM