Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

OK. The claim with these news ovens is no magnetron. You indicate a
microwave diode can do this? Never heard of that one. More research needed
there.

Your microwave may produce 1000 watts of power but that much would never be
leaked from a crack in the door seal.

I am so glad we can discuss this in a woodworking group under a wiring
show-off thread....LOL

Thanx

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
The magnetron is the oscillator. It has a cavity. Vary the cavity
and the frequency changes. Modulate the mechanical cavity and you are
transmitting the modulation. That technology changes Radar on-the-fly
thereby moving around a probing or sensing in the detection mode.

The RF the magnetron if leaking in a crack of a door can cause cataracts
and can whiten the cornea.

The various phones are lightweight to that of an oven. We are talking
sub 5 watts in a phone and IIRC from IEEE notes - it is 3 watts at the head,
up to 5 watts on speaker phone. The oven is a thousand or 600 watts.

The inverter replaces the heavy high voltage and filament winding and
keyboard/processor power. It is a high frequency oscillator that
'rings' or oscillates on an RF core. The high voltage it generates drives
the Magnetron. So there is a HF and a UHF source in the micro(u)wave.

The UHF magnetron can if leaking cause fluorescent bulbs to flicker or glow.
A common Neon bulb will as well. Testing will occur.

If you had a Inverter unit without a Magnetron it would have a Microwave
diode.

The fact it does not disturb our Plasma TV a few feet away tends to tell me
it is an oscillator leak, but not in the microwave band.

Martin

Posted to rec.woodworking

It is actually on topic - since some of us use microwaves to
rush steam dry and plasticize wood so a wet bowl can be made into
a triangle or oval with gloves on after steaming / cooking in the oven.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/