Art

Default Rusted TS Trunnion

Hi all,

I am looking for advice on how to remove rust from the trunnion on my
older Crafstman 10" table saw. I usually use Naval Jelly on the cast
iron top, but I don't know a practical way to handle the rust that has
taken over the less accessible, intricate areas on the trunnion. Any
help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Art
Tom

Art wrote:Hi all,

I am looking for advice on how to remove rust from the trunnion on my
older Crafstman 10" table saw. I usually use Naval Jelly on the cast
iron top, but I don't know a practical way to handle the rust that has
taken over the less accessible, intricate areas on the trunnion. Any
help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Art

A "practical" way may involve some disassembly, if you've a mind to do so.
Maybe do a Google search for "electrolytic/electrolosis" rust removal. I hear
it's very effective if done properly. Other than that, what about a good
soaking in a spray solvent, then a greasing/oiling? Tom
Someday, it'll all be over....
Edwin Pawlowski

"Art" wrote in message
I usually use Naval Jelly on the cast
iron top, but I don't know a practical way to handle the rust that has
taken over the less accessible, intricate areas on the trunnion.

Can't help much for the trunions, but the naval jelly may work there. Or you
can try Top Saver, depending on just how bad it is.

For the top, a better way is to use a product called Top Saver. It sprays
on, soaks a bit, then you scrub it off using a couple of abrasive pads
supplied. Cleaned my top as good as new. Then I used Top Cot, but Boeshield
is equal or better for preventing rust. Apply the coating and you should
never need the Top Saver again.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Garden light rusted N. Thornton UK diy 8 November 20th 03 07:32 PM
crack open a rusted nut with an impact wrench, from one tankof air? Bill Vajk Metalworking 0 August 7th 03 10:06 PM