DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tool Need (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/303128-re-tool-need.html)

Lew Hodgett[_5_] May 16th 10 03:15 AM

Tool Need

Assuming you need a justification to buy a dedicated mortiser, is
there a deal.

This week CreateTV is running the NYW episode where Norm makes a
Morris chair.

Quartersawn white oak and a big bunch of M/T joints.

A dedicated mortiser makes a lot of sense.

Great looking piece of furniture.

Just wouldn't fit on the boatG.

Lew

Tim W May 16th 10 12:35 PM

Tool Need

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Assuming you need a justification to buy a dedicated mortiser, is there a
deal.

This week CreateTV is running the NYW episode where Norm makes a Morris
chair.

Quartersawn white oak and a big bunch of M/T joints.

A dedicated mortiser makes a lot of sense.

Great looking piece of furniture.

Just wouldn't fit on the boatG.

I don't know what Create TV or NYW is or who Norm is but would I am
interested in William Morris. Can I see this chair? I get a lot of TV
schedules when I google.

Tim w

J. Clarke May 16th 10 01:36 PM

Tool Need

On 5/16/2010 7:35 AM, Tim W wrote:
"Lew wrote in message
Assuming you need a justification to buy a dedicated mortiser, is there a
deal.

This week CreateTV is running the NYW episode where Norm makes a Morris
chair.

Quartersawn white oak and a big bunch of M/T joints.

A dedicated mortiser makes a lot of sense.

Great looking piece of furniture.

Just wouldn't fit on the boatG.

I don't know what Create TV or NYW is or who Norm is but would I am
interested in William Morris. Can I see this chair? I get a lot of TV
schedules when I google.

If you can't find the episode on the air (it's "New Yankee Workshop",
season 10, episode 6 I believe), you can order it direct for $25 from
http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct.php?9806.

Michael Kenefick May 16th 10 05:09 PM

Tool Need

Create TV is (or on) PBS in my city.
NYW - New Yankee Workshop.
Norm - Norm Abrams, host of New Yankee Workshop.

Matt May 17th 10 02:21 AM

Tool Need

Lew
The simple solution to your problem is to buy a bigger boat.

This helpful hint comes from a guy who owns a Wittholz 17...
Matt