DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wallpaper (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/302443-wallpaper.html)

Robatoy[_2_] May 2nd 10 08:20 PM

Wallpaper

Show of hands:

WHO likes wallpapering as much as I do?

DOES it get any easier after the 4th beer?

Lee Michaels May 2nd 10 09:01 PM

Wallpaper

"Robatoy" wrote

It was just pointed out to me, that certain floral patterns have a
'This Side Up' to them.... WTF? I have seen flowers that pointed their
petals to the ground.... Okay, maybe not lillies... but...
===============

Ahhh..... , the feminine perspctive when it comes to form and color. I am
familiar with that one.

My wife is a quilter. She buys fabrics and cuts the flowers out of it. So
she can put together quilts where every 3 inch block is a flower. Remember,
women just can't have enough flowers. (or chocolate)

Robatoy[_2_] May 2nd 10 09:48 PM

Wallpaper

On May 2, 3:57*pm, Robatoy wrote:

oops

Robatoy[_2_] May 2nd 10 09:52 PM

Wallpaper

On May 2, 4:48*pm, Robatoy wrote:
On May 2, 3:57*pm, Robatoy wrote:

oops

drat

Lobby Dosser[_3_] May 2nd 10 10:46 PM

Wallpaper

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Show of hands:

WHO likes wallpapering as much as I do?

DOES it get any easier after the 4th beer?

It's not bad, if you don't have to remove the old stuff first. Once spent a
weekend removing the wallpaper from a LR and DR. Middle of summer and I was
using a steamer to get the stuff loose. Beer sweated right through me ...

Picasso[_2_] May 3rd 10 01:30 AM

Wallpaper

Robatoy wrote:
Show of hands:

WHO likes wallpapering as much as I do?

DOES it get any easier after the 4th beer?

Does it look any better after the 4th beer?

Casper May 3rd 10 01:10 PM

Wallpaper

Show of hands:

WHO likes wallpapering as much as I do?

DOES it get any easier after the 4th beer?

Robatoy

No amount of beers can make wallpapering easier.

Wallpaper is pure evil.

`Casper

Puckdropper[_2_] May 3rd 10 04:29 PM

Wallpaper

Robatoy wrote in news:7391f09d-bd40-443e-9515-
:

Show of hands:

WHO likes wallpapering as much as I do?

DOES it get any easier after the 4th beer?

I've never done wallpaper before, but it seems to me if it's pre-glued it'd
be a water-based glue and not alcohol based. Save the beer for drinking,
use water. ;-)

Puckdropper

Dave In Texas May 3rd 10 06:49 PM

Wallpaper

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message

You haven't lived till you have hung paper using wheat paste glue. (Yes
it's water based)

Don't remove it. Roll it with KILZ and then skim float with new mud.
VOILA! It's like new drywall.

Dave in Houston

whit3rd May 3rd 10 09:09 PM

Wallpaper

On May 2, 12:20*pm, Robatoy wrote:

WHO likes wallpapering as much as I do?

It's not hard, just a tad messy.

For the afterparty, hunt down a copy of _A Day at the Races_, (1937).

RonB[_2_] May 5th 10 12:06 AM

Wallpaper

On May 2, 2:20*pm, Robatoy wrote:
Show of hands:

WHO likes wallpapering as much as I do?

DOES it get any easier after the 4th beer?

Wallpapering is inherently evil.

After about 1 roll I start speaking in tongues.

RonB

Leon[_6_] May 5th 10 01:04 AM

Wallpaper

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Show of hands:

WHO likes wallpapering as much as I do?

DOES it get any easier after the 4th beer?

As long as you are papering an area narrower than the paper is wide. ;~)

Larry Jaques[_2_] May 5th 10 05:57 AM

Wallpaper

On Tue, 4 May 2010 16:06:03 -0700 (PDT), RonB
wrote the following:

On May 2, 2:20*pm, Robatoy wrote:
Show of hands:

WHO likes wallpapering as much as I do?

DOES it get any easier after the 4th beer?

Wallpapering is inherently evil.

After about 1 roll I start speaking in tongues.

Stop licking your fingers clean, silly.

--
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian,
or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up

Casper May 5th 10 03:15 PM

Wallpaper

Took me longer than that on a small bathroom. Then I had to repair
all the divots. Though I didn't realize it at the time, the paper
came off the sheetrock with the wallpaper. Then it took three tries
to get it primed and painted so the paint would stick. What a mess.

I had the same problem with that hallway. It took two weeks just to
get the paper off, then we realized they hadn't primed the walls, so
the sheet rock paper came with it. By the time we got done with the
hallway, we stood just staring at the bedroom, which was next. The
only good part about the bedroom was that they had only papered
halfway up the walls, but that still took another few weeks. What
should have taken a couple weeks all told, took a few months because
of improper preparation on the previous worker's part. I'd rather put
up paneling than to ever deal with wallpaper again.

`Casper