Jeff Balcom

Default yorkcraft

Any comments on yorkcraft quality?
Im interested in the 6 inch jointer.

Tony

Hi, I've had the Yorkcraft 6" jointer now for over a year, no problems at
all. I paid $299 and $82 for shipping to Knoxville, TN, from the warehouse
in PA. The shipping company was R & L Carriers, it was delivered to my
house on a truck with a lift gate, ne extra charge. The driver rolled it
right into my garage/shop. I had a forklift available. I'd highly
recommend it. If you have any other questions, please feel free to email
me at:

tony1158
@
esper
..
com

Hope it helps,

Tony

Jeff Balcom wrote in message
Any comments on yorkcraft quality?
Im interested in the 6 inch jointer.

James T. Kirby

I have the 6" jointer. It works fine. Tables parallel, fence stays square,
etc. Just jointed and joined a walnut credenza top last night. I'd buy the
jointer again in a second, if I wanted another 6" one. I have rapidly come to
understand why one would prefer an 8", but I don't really have the room. (About
3/4 of the rough cut boards that I randomly bring home are too wide for the 6"
but would fit over an 8" jointer).

Jim Kirby

--
James T. Kirby