DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   O/T: Remembered (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/301365-o-t-remembered.html)

Lew Hodgett[_6_] April 13th 10 05:37 AM

O/T: Remembered

It was announced on the news tonight that today was the 65th
anniversary of FDR's death.

Did a flash back to that day and the day after.

It was a typical Northern Ohio Mid April weather, cold and overcast.

As I sat in my 2nd grade class looking out the window the next day,
saw the flag flying at half mast outside.

Raised my hand and asked the teacher, Miss Zeh, "Why was the flag
stuck half way up the pole."

She took the opportunity to give us a lesson in respect that day.

Funny the things you have stored in long term memory.

Lew

LDosser April 13th 10 09:46 AM

Remembered

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
It was announced on the news tonight that today was the 65th anniversary
of FDR's death.

Did a flash back to that day and the day after.

It was a typical Northern Ohio Mid April weather, cold and overcast.

As I sat in my 2nd grade class looking out the window the next day, saw
the flag flying at half mast outside.

Raised my hand and asked the teacher, Miss Zeh, "Why was the flag stuck
half way up the pole."

She took the opportunity to give us a lesson in respect that day.

Funny the things you have stored in long term memory.

Lew

Funny, but be thankful you have it ...

[email protected] April 14th 10 12:19 AM

O/T: Remembered

..... today was the 65th anniversary of FDR's death. ...

FDR was 63 years old when he died, and looked ancient and worn out. I
was then 10 years old - in the 5th grade, and wondered if I would live
to see the year 2000.

Larry Blanchard April 14th 10 12:43 AM

O/T: Remembered

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:37:46 -0700, Lew Hodgett wrote:

It was announced on the news tonight that today was the 65th anniversary
of FDR's death.

Did a flash back to that day and the day after.

It was a typical Northern Ohio Mid April weather, cold and overcast.

As I sat in my 2nd grade class looking out the window the next day, saw
the flag flying at half mast outside.

Raised my hand and asked the teacher, Miss Zeh, "Why was the flag stuck
half way up the pole."

What I recall is that they interrupted Terry and the Pirates on the radio
to announce it. At 7 years old, I was really irritated by that :-).