DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Delta 34-670 TS blade alignment (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/299597-delta-34-670-ts-blade-alignment.html)

Glen March 12th 10 12:59 AM

Delta 34-670 TS blade alignment

I picked up a Delta 34-670 TS. The blade is way out of alignment with
the miter slot and fence (.046 accross the blade). The trunnion bolts
are are to get at. It looks like it might be easier to disassemble
the saw to work on just the top. Does anyone have any words of wisdom
in moving the saw into alignment? Is there an easier adjustment where
the motor and connects to the trunnions?

Glen March 14th 10 05:32 PM

Delta 34-670 TS blade alignment

Here is the answer to my own question. There are four bolts all near
each other at the front of the saw. Two can be reached from
underneath with a socket wrench. The third can be loosed through the
throat plate with the blade removed with a open end wrench. The
fourth can be left tight and used a pivot to allow the saw to be
tapped into alignment with tap on a block of wood through the throat
plate.

Pat Barber[_3_] March 17th 10 02:34 AM

Glen wrote:
Here is the answer to my own question. There are four bolts all near
each other at the front of the saw. Two can be reached from
underneath with a socket wrench. The third can be loosed through the
throat plate with the blade removed with a open end wrench. The
fourth can be left tight and used a pivot to allow the saw to be
tapped into alignment with tap on a block of wood through the throat
plate.

There is a very specific way to adjust a contractor saw....and it
requires a lot of screwing around.

Go here for those instructions;

http://support.dewalt.com/cgi-bin/de...PWFsaWdubWVudA!!

I would also do some reading at the TS Aligner site