Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Seal bottom side of wood bathroom vanity top or not?

As per previous posts, my wife insisted on replacing our old rotten wood
vanity top with a new one which I am making out of stained white oak
with multiple clear coats of West Epoxy on top and on the edges...

The question is whether I should seal the bottom (whether with epoxy or
polyurethane). However, I wonder whether sealing the bottom would be
more of a bad thing since if water does penetrate the top then it has
nowhere to breathe out of and since the bottom side doesn't/shouldn't
get wet maybe there is no advantage to sealing it.

Any recommendations?