philski

Default Read the Intro...Ouch!

Guys,
I came across this site while visiting the flyfishing newsgroup...
What the heck are they advertising anyway?

Philski
philski

philski wrote:

Guys,
I came across this site while visiting the flyfishing newsgroup...
What the heck are they advertising anyway?

Philski

I forgot the URL...

Sorry:

http://www.cammarch.co.uk/

Philski
Morris Dovey

philski wrote:

philski wrote:

Guys, I came across this site while visiting the flyfishing
newsgroup... What the heck are they advertising anyway?

Philski

I forgot the URL...

Sorry:

http://www.cammarch.co.uk/

Looks like a bed and breakfast that welcomes fishermen.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

Larry C in Auburn, WA

Fortunately I've never had to pee any gallstones yet, but that seems mild
compared to peeing fowl; that must hurt like a sonofabitch.

--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"philski" wrote in message
philski wrote:

Guys,
I came across this site while visiting the flyfishing newsgroup...
What the heck are they advertising anyway?

Philski

I forgot the URL...

Sorry:

http://www.cammarch.co.uk/

Philski

Mike Patterson

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:44:39 -0700, philski
wrote:

philski wrote:

Guys,
I came across this site while visiting the flyfishing newsgroup...
What the heck are they advertising anyway?

Philski

I forgot the URL...

Sorry:

http://www.cammarch.co.uk/

Philski

Looks like an entrepeneur immigrant wrote his own advertisement.
Other than that, looks like a nice place to spend a weekend.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

Larry Jaques

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:44:39 -0700, philski
brought forth from the murky depths:

philski wrote:

Guys,
I came across this site while visiting the flyfishing newsgroup...
What the heck are they advertising anyway?

Philski

I forgot the URL...

Sorry:

http://www.cammarch.co.uk/

What part of "The Cammarch Hotel" don't you understand?
They're a bread and beckfast, of course, philski. And
the 6x7' suites are all thoroughly modern (now with
-heating- and -electricity-!)

They're in SERIOUS need of a copywriter because of their
run-on sentences you know what I mean guys I thought you
would?

"were guests can relax, feed the fish and pee fowl"
"****in' chickens" isn't a familiar phrase. I wonder if
Andy Dingley could 'splain that for us O'er the Ponders.

--
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
---- --Unknown

dave in fairfax

Larry Jaques wrote:
"were guests can relax, feed the fish and pee fowl"
"****in' chickens" isn't a familiar phrase. I wonder if
Andy Dingley could 'splain that for us O'er the Ponders.

Peacocks, Peahens, Peafowl.
---- --Unknown

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
Norman D. Crow

"dave in fairfax" wrote in message
Larry Jaques wrote:
"were guests can relax, feed the fish and pee fowl"
"****in' chickens" isn't a familiar phrase. I wonder if
Andy Dingley could 'splain that for us O'er the Ponders.

Peacocks, Peahens, Peafowl.

Also known as "Guinea Hens"

--
Nahmie
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving

---

Dave Balderstone

In article , Norman D. Crow
wrote:

Peacocks, Peahens, Peafowl.

Also known as "Guinea Hens"

Guinea hens are much different than peafowl.

Guinea: http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Guineas/BRKGuineas.html

Pea: http://www.strombergschickens.com/stock/guineas.htm#peafowl

But apparently can cross-breed...

Peaguinea: http://www.guineas.com/peaguinea.html

--
It's probably time to change my sig line, eh?

Robert Bonomi

philski wrote:

Guys,
I came across this site while visiting the flyfishing newsgroup...
What the heck are they advertising anyway?

Philski

I forgot the URL...

Sorry:

http://www.cammarch.co.uk/

What part of "The Cammarch Hotel" don't you understand?
They're a bread and beckfast, of course, philski. And
the 6x7' suites are all thoroughly modern (now with
-heating- and -electricity-!)

Considering the locale, I suspect the room dimensions are
in meters.

I presume a 'beckfast' is a place where they encourage you
_not_ to eat meals, right?

They're in SERIOUS need of a copywriter because of their
run-on sentences you know what I mean guys I thought you
would?

"were guests can relax, feed the fish and pee fowl"
"****in' chickens" isn't a familiar phrase. I wonder if
Andy Dingley could 'splain that for us O'er the Ponders.

Not that it matters to _this_ crowd, but it's a simple spelling
error. "pea fowl" is what was meant. It's the term for
referring to both 'peacocks' and their female counterparts ("pea hens")
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:21:23 -0500, "Norman D. Crow"

Larry Jaques wrote:
"were guests can relax, feed the fish and pee fowl"
"****in' chickens" isn't a familiar phrase. I wonder if
Andy Dingley could 'splain that for us O'er the Ponders.

Peacocks, Peahens, Peafowl.

Also known as "Guinea Hens"

Um, turn "literal" mode off for a minute, Nahmie. You
missed the fun entirely, suh.

Then again, where on EARTH are the poor hoteliers going
to find a decent Welsh-to-English translator?

--
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
---- --Unknown
Charlie Self

Larry Jaques asks:

Larry Jaques wrote:
"were guests can relax, feed the fish and pee fowl"
"****in' chickens" isn't a familiar phrase. I wonder if
Andy Dingley could 'splain that for us O'er the Ponders.

Peacocks, Peahens, Peafowl.

Also known as "Guinea Hens"

Um, turn "literal" mode off for a minute, Nahmie. You
missed the fun entirely, suh.

Then again, where on EARTH are the poor hoteliers going
to find a decent Welsh-to-English translator?

Oh, it's not that hard. I've got an old buddy living in the desert, outside
Sonoita, who has spent a ton of time in Wales conducting motorcycle tours,
married a Welshwoman, and is fair with the English language. But maybe the
culture shock has gotten to him by now. Imagine the desert tan switching over
to Wales green.

Charlie Self
"The function of posterity is to look after itself." Dylan Thomas

Norman D. Crow

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
tone.ca...
In article , Norman D. Crow
wrote:

Peacocks, Peahens, Peafowl.

Also known as "Guinea Hens"

Guinea hens are much different than peafowl.

Guinea: http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/Guineas/BRKGuineas.html

Pea: http://www.strombergschickens.com/stock/guineas.htm#peafowl

But apparently can cross-breed...

Peaguinea: http://www.guineas.com/peaguinea.html

My mistake Dave. I understand Peacocks as a breed, but where I was brought
up, Guinea Hen and Pea Hen were used interchangeably for the Guinea Hen.

--
Nahmie
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW! What A
Ride!'"

---

Norman D. Crow

Larry Jaques wrote:
"were guests can relax, feed the fish and pee fowl"
"****in' chickens" isn't a familiar phrase. I wonder if
Andy Dingley could 'splain that for us O'er the Ponders.

Peacocks, Peahens, Peafowl.

Also known as "Guinea Hens"

Um, turn "literal" mode off for a minute, Nahmie. You
missed the fun entirely, suh.

Now Lar, I didn't miss the fun *completely*! I agree that "pee fowl" could
be *very* painful. Knew some guys in the USN that did the "pee foul" a time
or two, but the "penny-cillin" always took care of it.

I will admit to maybe being a little too serious or literal @ times. Too
many years chasing logic problems in large scale systems, and they don't
tolerate much humor in troubleshooting.

--
Nahmie
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW! What A
Ride!'"

---

Dave Balderstone

In article , Norman D. Crow
wrote:

where I was brought
up, Guinea Hen and Pea Hen were used interchangeably for the Guinea Hen.

Years ago I lived next to a farmer who had guinea fowl... Loud,
screeching, horrid things.

I hear pea fowl are too...

--
It's probably time to change my sig line, eh?
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:43:13 -0500, "Norman D. Crow"
brought forth from the murky depths:

Um, turn "literal" mode off for a minute, Nahmie. You
missed the fun entirely, suh.

Now Lar, I didn't miss the fun *completely*!

I'll sleep better tonight knowing that.

I agree that "pee fowl" could
be *very* painful. Knew some guys in the USN that did the "pee foul" a time
or two, but the "penny-cillin" always took care of it.

Ouch.

I will admit to maybe being a little too serious or literal @ times. Too
many years chasing logic problems in large scale systems, and they don't
tolerate much humor in troubleshooting.

True. A buddy of mine told stories about doing late-night PMs for
large systems and a his run-ins with a certain janitor. The guy
would come in and carelessly (and accidentally) dust -switches-
into different positions. My buddy got there before the janitor
one evening and programmed the computer to do some printing and
sheet feeds, then hid in the next room with a switch. When the
janitor came into the computer room and began to dust, IMMEDIATELY
as his duster touched the console, the printer started its routine.
In 6" characters on wide tractor paper, the first sheet read "Alright,
John, you (insert ethnicity of your choice here) *******, I've had
enough of your abuse. You have tickled me with that duster and moved
my switches for the last time." It then started feeding out a hundred
blank pages at full speed, spilling out onto the janitor's feet. He
turned white, ran screaming from the office, and didn't return that
night. My buddy figured that taught him to play more nicely around
computers.

---
In Christianity, neither morality nor religion comes into contact
with reality at any point. --FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development -
Swingman

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message

Years ago I lived next to a farmer who had guinea fowl... Loud,
screeching, horrid things.

We kept them on the place I was raised. They are hard to catch except at
night, or, if you were one of my evil cousins, during the daytime with a
suitably big firecracker.

Next to geese, they are one of the best (daytime) country burglar alarms
going.

.... and they make a helluva gumbo.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/04

Jerry Gilreath

HAHAHHAH Now that was funny!!!!

--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
Homer Simpson
[...]

Dave Balderstone

In article , Swingman
wrote:

Next to geese, they are one of the best (daytime) country burglar alarms
going.

I believe peafowl are commonly used as same in some countries. But
geese, them buggers can break a bone if they come at you hard. Mean
bastids.

djb

--
It's probably time to change my sig line, eh?
Norman D. Crow

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

snippage

In 6" characters on wide tractor paper, the first sheet read "Alright,
John, you (insert ethnicity of your choice here) *******, I've had
enough of your abuse. You have tickled me with that duster and moved
my switches for the last time." It then started feeding out a hundred
blank pages at full speed, spilling out onto the janitor's feet. He
turned white, ran screaming from the office, and didn't return that
night. My buddy figured that taught him to play more nicely around
computers.

I would have paid money to see that!

If you ever want to see a system operator with that "deer in the headlights"
look. . . . NCR304 system(early 60's), using Ampex tape drives. Denny had
just mounted a reel of tape, closed the door and was doing the "button
dance" to complete *loading*, when the whole room went dead silent. This
whole system operated with 3 phase 230VAC 400cycle that was produced by a
motor generator in the air conditioner room, and just as he did the *button
dance*, a diode in the exciter current control circuit died, ergo no
400cycle 3phase etc., and the whole room went utterly silent except for the
slight "sighing" of the air conditioning.

--
Nahmie
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW! What A
Ride!'"

---

dave in fairfax

Dave Balderstone wrote:
I believe peafowl are commonly used as same in some countries. But
geese, them buggers can break a bone if they come at you hard. Mean
bastids.

Attack geese are dangerous, but a stick or a kick to the head
settles them right down. Used to walk through a flock of them
twice a day when I lived in CT. The upside is goose dinner and no
regrets.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
Swingman

Dave Balderstone wrote:
I believe peafowl are commonly used as same in some countries. But
geese, them buggers can break a bone if they come at you hard. Mean
bastids.

Attack geese are dangerous, but a stick or a kick to the head
settles them right down. Used to walk through a flock of them
twice a day when I lived in CT. The upside is goose dinner and no
regrets.

Just walking by a mama goose sitting on a nest is enough to make a grown man
walk softly, and quickly, IIRC. As a kid, when we were gathering eggs, I was
always amazed how a mouth with no visible teeth could cause so much pain .

Goose dinner is good, however.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/04