DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cathedral door templates (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/298428-cathedral-door-templates.html)

Neal February 19th 10 08:05 PM

Cathedral door templates

I'm a novice at making cabinet doors and need to make the cathedral type. I
made a template of the top rail of an existing door and thought the panel
template would follow the same curve. I was surprised to see that when I
move the rail template down to the panel on the existing door, it does not
match up. Are the templates curves different for rails and panels?

Nova February 19th 10 08:27 PM

Cathedral door templates

Neal wrote:
I'm a novice at making cabinet doors and need to make the cathedral
type. I made a template of the top rail of an existing door and thought
the panel template would follow the same curve. I was surprised to see
that when I move the rail template down to the panel on the existing
door, it does not match up. Are the templates curves different for
rails and panels?

Yes, the portion of the panel that fits into the grove of the rail has
to be taken into account.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA