DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Then and now (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/297452-re-then-now.html)

DGDevin February 2nd 10 06:07 PM

Then and now

"dadiOH" wrote in message

The new fed budget is 3.8 trillon

The fed budget 60 years ago - 1950 - was a bit less than 45 billion.
Adjust that for government caused inflation and it would be about 360
billion.

That means the feds are now costing us 10+ times what they used to. I
don't think we are getting our money's worth.

Yeah, makes one wish the previous administration hadn't committed
two-trillion-plus (the Congressional Budget Office says that will be the
cost once the interest on that debt is paid) to invading and occupying
Iraq--those fictional WMDs have turned out to be awful expensive.