Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Handy Calcualtor Links?

Could be a handy resource:

http://www.finehomebuilding.com/page...alculators.asp

Anyone want to append some of your "real world" experience to see how
close they are, fire away.

On that note, and since I build houses and the kitchens that go into them:

$1200 to $1400/lf for "Type1" kitchen cabinets (uppers and lowers only,
no counter tops) is about average, IME.

(Only difference in our "Type1" kitchens is that we use 3/4" hardwood
plywood, instead of 1/2", for the boxes).

And, since I just finished an 800 s/f deck for a client, I was
interested in seeing how far off we were on it ... (there appears to be
a problem with their deck calculator (it brings up the cove calculator),
so I went he

http://www.vadeck.com/deck-cost-calculator.htm

According to the above, we were about $4K on the low side for this
particular "turnkey' composite decking. Regional differences in pricing?

Live and learn ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08