DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cracked Cabinet on Lee Valley Mailer Cover (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/29688-cracked-cabinet-lee-valley-mailer-cover.html)

Bestest Handsander March 23rd 04 09:09 PM

Cracked Cabinet on Lee Valley Mailer Cover

What a great piece! Anyone else notice it? My wife's first reaction was,
"That's not real." I had to assure her it was.

I did a search on the maker. His business is called Straight Line Design...
which I assume is done tongue in cheek. I can't see a straight line on any
of his pieces. Judson, if you read this group... good on ya!

Buttonhole McGee March 23rd 04 09:50 PM

Cracked Cabinet on Lee Valley Mailer Cover

Yes! What a striking piece of work.

My only problem with it is because the elder Mr. and Mrs. McGee were pack
rats, and I was an apt pupil, I look at a piece of furniture like that and
despair about the lack of horizontal top surfaces upon which to pile my
vast collection of schtuff.

Damned if i know March 24th 04 02:34 AM

Cracked Cabinet on Lee Valley Mailer Cover

Judson (sp?) came and spoke at a guild meeting I attended - what an amazing
fellow. I have never seen such creativity in a furniture maker.

Daniel Martin March 24th 04 03:49 PM

Cracked Cabinet on Lee Valley Mailer Cover

I found the idea very interesting. I might one day give it a try and
try to duplicate it. Of course I could come up with my own design.
It would certainly become a center pice in our home.

Daniel

patriarch March 25th 04 07:14 AM

Cracked Cabinet on Lee Valley Mailer Cover

"Judson (sp?) came and spoke at a guild meeting I attended - what an
amazing fellow. I have never seen such creativity in a furniture maker."

Ashley Eriksmoen came and presented to our group in January. THAT wrapped
more than a few of us around the axle. College of the Redwoods meets Rhode
Island School of Design.

Let's just say that eyes and minds were opened....

Patriarch

DarylRos March 25th 04 02:59 PM

Cracked Cabinet on Lee Valley Mailer Cover

Judson (sp?) came and spoke at a guild meeting I attended - what an amazing
fellow. I have never seen such creativity in a furniture maker.

Magnificent piece. For others like that, check our Blaise Gaston, Michael
Fortune, and of course, the gretest of them all, Jere Osgood.

Brian L April 2nd 04 09:13 PM

Cracked Cabinet on Lee Valley Mailer Cover

Ya I thought that piece really stood out too.

What a wonderful project. I wish I were capable of that caliber of work.
And you're right - there wasn't a straight line to be found on that thing.
I would love to see how he made it.

Brian

Ed Clarke April 3rd 04 11:28 AM

In article , Brian L wrote:
Ya I thought that piece really stood out too.

What a wonderful project. I wish I were capable of that caliber of work.
And you're right - there wasn't a straight line to be found on that thing.
I would love to see how he made it.

.... now take two tabs of LSD ...