DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ping: Robatoy (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/295423-ping-robatoy.html)

basilisk[_2_] January 4th 10 02:23 PM

Ping: Robatoy

Will you close the door up there, it's getting cold
down here, TIA :).

basilisk

Robatoy[_2_] January 4th 10 05:21 PM

Ping: Robatoy

On Jan 4, 9:23*am, "basilisk" wrote:
Will you close the door up there, it's getting cold
down here, TIA :).

basilisk

Heyyy, don't look at me. Here it is a balmy 22F.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAON0601

Larry Jaques January 5th 10 02:46 PM

Ping: Robatoy

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 08:23:14 -0600, the infamous "basilisk"
scrawled the following:

Will you close the door up there, it's getting cold
down here, TIA :).

Hey, we're a balmy 47F with rain here. You must be downstream of
their jet stream.

--
Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness.
--Thomas Paine

Larry Jaques January 5th 10 02:49 PM

Ping: Robatoy

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:21:18 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On Jan 4, 9:23*am, "basilisk" wrote:
Will you close the door up there, it's getting cold
down here, TIA :).

basilisk

Heyyy, don't look at me. Here it is a balmy 22F.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAON0601

WHAT? They have weather forecasting in Canuckistan? I'd have thought
it was a simple case of saying "It's -x degrees C and snowing." and
leave it at that. Summers are "It's x degrees C and snowing.", right?

Robatoy[_2_] January 5th 10 03:08 PM

Ping: Robatoy

On Jan 5, 9:46*am, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 08:23:14 -0600, the infamous "basilisk"
scrawled the following:

Will you close the door up there, it's getting cold
down here, TIA :).

Hey, we're a balmy 47F with rain here. *You must be downstream of
their jet stream.

--
Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --Thomas Paine

There's something to be said for rain. You don't have to shovel it.
It is normal weather for January and a bit windy. Just an inch or so
of the white stuff. Just enough to make it nice, and not enough for
the few crazies in the neigbourhood to fire up their V-8 powered snow
blowers.
Great dog-walking weather...... still need a parka though.

Mike Marlow[_2_] January 5th 10 03:22 PM

Ping: Robatoy

"Robatoy" wrote in message

There's something to be said for rain. You don't have to shovel it.
It is normal weather for January and a bit windy. Just an inch or so
of the white stuff. Just enough to make it nice, and not enough for
the few crazies in the neigbourhood to fire up their V-8 powered snow
blowers.
Great dog-walking weather...... still need a parka though.

Around here V-8 powered snow blowers are considered light weight machines
intended for small tasks such as clearing sidewalks.

--

-Mike-

Puckdropper[_2_] January 5th 10 04:47 PM

Ping: Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news:de97fb35-3cf3-43e2-8d0d-
:

There's something to be said for rain. You don't have to shovel it.
It is normal weather for January and a bit windy. Just an inch or so
of the white stuff. Just enough to make it nice, and not enough for
the few crazies in the neigbourhood to fire up their V-8 powered snow
blowers.
Great dog-walking weather...... still need a parka though.

Ah yes, rain. It mixes with the melting snow on the ground and freezes
into an unmovable mass, or freezes on the road creating perilous road
conditions.

I'd rather have the snow.

Puckdropper

Robatoy[_2_] January 5th 10 05:10 PM

Ping: Robatoy

On Jan 5, 11:47*am, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
Robatoy wrote in news:de97fb35-3cf3-43e2-8d0d-
:

There's something to be said for rain. You don't have to shovel it.
It is normal weather for January and a bit windy. Just an inch or so
of the white stuff. Just enough to make it nice, and not enough for
the few crazies in the neigbourhood to fire up their V-8 powered snow
blowers.
Great dog-walking weather...... still need a parka though.

Ah yes, rain. *It mixes with the melting snow on the ground and freezes
into an unmovable mass, or freezes on the road creating perilous road
conditions.

I'd rather have the snow.

Puckdropper

Oh yes indeed. Freezing rain, or frozen rain...and worse, frozen mix
of snow and rain all suck.
I would much rather have snow too. I can drive in snow, ice is another
matter entirely.

[email protected] January 5th 10 05:14 PM

Ping: Robatoy

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 09:10:20 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
Oh yes indeed. Freezing rain, or frozen rain...and worse, frozen mix
of snow and rain all suck.
I would much rather have snow too. I can drive in snow, ice is another
matter entirely.

Not me. Most ice I can get some traction on. When I have real trouble
with ice, it's down the street, not the sidewalk. Snow? It's five feet
out the door and I'm stuck.

Luckily, there's a really decent food delly/food store in my building.
I'm quite sure it's accounted for at least 50lbs of weight that I
carry around.

Lew Hodgett[_6_] January 5th 10 07:37 PM

Ping: Robatoy

"Robatoy" wrote:

The smoke has cleared enough to see the sun?

You mean you still haven't got it yet?

Sit tight, the jet stream will get it to you.

Lew

Joe January 5th 10 09:11 PM

Ping: Robatoy

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:21:18 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On Jan 4, 9:23 am, "basilisk" wrote:
Will you close the door up there, it's getting cold
down here, TIA :).

basilisk

Heyyy, don't look at me. Here it is a balmy 22F.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAON0601

WHAT? They have weather forecasting in Canuckistan? I'd have thought
it was a simple case of saying "It's -x degrees C and snowing." and
leave it at that. Summers are "It's x degrees C and snowing.", right?

--
Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness.
--Thomas Paine

They use the rope method. If the rope is swingin' it's windy, if it's wet,
it's raining, if it's stiff, it's cold.

:-)

But seriously, shut the door, ok?

Larry Jaques January 5th 10 11:56 PM

Ping: Robatoy

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 21:11:32 GMT, the infamous "Joe"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 09:21:18 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On Jan 4, 9:23 am, "basilisk" wrote:
Will you close the door up there, it's getting cold
down here, TIA :).

basilisk

Heyyy, don't look at me. Here it is a balmy 22F.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAON0601

WHAT? They have weather forecasting in Canuckistan? I'd have thought
it was a simple case of saying "It's -x degrees C and snowing." and
leave it at that. Summers are "It's x degrees C and snowing.", right?

They use the rope method. If the rope is swingin' it's windy, if it's wet,
it's raining, if it's stiff, it's cold.

:-)

But seriously, shut the door, ok?

I'd have thought you used weather rocks up there. When I looked at it
this morning, I saw 20-35kmh winds up there in the GWN. Doesn't rope
swing too much in that little breeze, Joe?

Larry Jaques January 6th 10 06:13 PM

Ping: Robatoy

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 13:54:42 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone
scrawled the following:

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

They have weather forecasting in Canuckistan?

As my dear old dad says... "They can't predict yesterday."

Ohmigod, that's perfect for AGWK alarmists.

"Michael Mann's CRU: So precise, they can't predict _yesterday_!"

--
We rightly care about the environment. But our neurotic obsession
with carbon betrays an inability to distinguish between pollution

[email protected] January 6th 10 07:58 PM

Ping: Robatoy

wrote:

*They have weather forecasting in Canuckistan?

As my dear old dad says... "They can't predict yesterday."

Ohmigod, that's perfect for AGWK alarmists.

"Michael Mann's CRU: So precise, they can't predict _yesterday_!"

Sure they can, just they rewrite the almanac and destroy the
originals.

LDosser January 7th 10 02:36 AM

Ping: Robatoy

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:050120101354425930%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...
In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

They have weather forecasting in Canuckistan?

As my dear old dad says... "They can't predict yesterday."

Turns out that predicting tomorrow will be the same as today is about as
accurate as any other means.