DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   M51/M65 Fishtail Parka. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/295359-re-m51-m65-fishtail-parka.html)

Larry Jaques January 3rd 10 03:30 PM

M51/M65 Fishtail Parka.

On 03 Jan 2010 08:07:37 GMT, the infamous Steve
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

rOn Thu, 24 Dec 2009 13:50:14 -0700, the infamous "WW"
scrawled the following:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I happen to know that this is a resourceful bunch, so I appeal to the
collective for a lead or two so I can find a GOOD quality parka.
I have DAG'd the bejeezus out of this and I have found the obvious

Army
Navy Surplus outfits, and I wouldn't mind a used one, but SOMEBODY

has
to be making a similar coat, angled breast pockets, fishtails,

snorkel
hood (leather?).
Any outfits out there that could be a bit more obscure, but have

served
you well?

(My last M1951 died of roadrash many years ago. I miss that coat.)

TIA

How do you get roadrash from a table saw??? ww

http://fwd4.me/9PU Hmm, I could have sworn his picture (of the
tablesaur on the back of the motorcycle) was here.

--
REMEMBER: The sooner you fall behind,
the more time you'll have to catch up!

Ha!! The picture of the truck with the tires stacked up on it reminds me
of the Mexicans heading back to Tijuana with a load of used tires. We see
them all the time here in San Diego.

I'd see them coming back across the border loaded up with tire
sandals, the result of their trip north.

I lived in Vista, so when I got my first car ('57 Chebby BelAir), Dad
said "It's time for a trip to TJ!" I paid $25 to get the front and
rear seats upholstered in sleek black naugahyde stitched with nylon
thread and stuffed with real fiber, not sweepings. We stayed to watch
so they couldn't cheat. Those were old growth naugas in '69, too! ;)

--
Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness.
--Thomas Paine

Robatoy[_2_] January 3rd 10 05:31 PM

M51/M65 Fishtail Parka.

"Robatoy" wrote in message
[...]

Chim chiminey, chim chiminey, chim-chim-cheree;
Those are three words that don't make sense to me.
But I'm used to words that don't make sense to me,
From all those commercials I see on TV.
When I see an ad that can't be understood
I know that the product has got to be good;
Those words may be crazy, but I think they're great,
Like sodium acetylsalicylate.
(Sodium acetylsalicylate!)
I wake up each morning a most happy man,
I cover my Pic-O-Pay with Fluoristan;
I add Hexachlorophene, 'cause it's so pure,
And then GL-70, just to make sure.
Then I take a shower, but never alone;
I'm in there with Dermasil and Silicone.
I brush Vitrol-D on my Lanolin wave,
And I sharpen my Boo-boop, and use it to shave!
(He sharpens his Boo-boop, and that's how he shaves!)
There's Tufsyn, and Retsyn, and Acrylan too,
And Marfac and Melmac and what else is new?
There's Orlon and Korlan, and there's Accutron,
And Teflon, and Ban-Lon, and so on and on.
These wonderful words spin around in my brain;
Each one is a mystery I cannot explain.
Like what does that Blue Magic whitener do --
Does it make blue things white, or make white things blue?
(His blue things are white, and his white things are blue!)
My Fastback has Wide-Track and Autronic Eye,
Which winks when a cute little Volvo goes by;
My tank full of Platformate starts with a roar,
But when I try to stop, it goes two miles more.
I measure my breathing with my Nasograph,
It's nice, but oh my, how it hurts when I laugh.
My chair is upholstered in real Naugahyde;
When they killed that nauga, I sat down and cried.
(He moved to Chicaga when that nauga died!)
I'm giving a party next Saturday night
And here are the friends that I'm going to invite:
The giant who lives in my washing machine,
That other nice giant, who's jolly and green.
The tiger who causes my gas tank to flood,
That handsome white knight who is stronger than crud;
The man with the eyepatch, who sells me my shirts
And that nut who flies into the front seat for Hertz!
(That daring young nut who goes flying for Hertz!)
I've lived all my life in this weird wonderland;
I keep buying things that I don't understand,
'Cause they promise me miracles, magic, and hope,
But, somehow, it always turns out to be soap.
And they might as well be Chim-Chiminey Cheree!
(Those words all could be Chim-Chiminey Cheree!)

Larry Jaques January 4th 10 04:08 AM

M51/M65 Fishtail Parka.

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 09:31:15 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On Jan 3, 10:30*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On 03 Jan 2010 08:07:37 GMT, the infamous Steve wrote:
Ha!! The picture of the truck with the tires stacked up on it reminds me
of the Mexicans heading back to Tijuana with a load of used tires. We see
them all the time here in San Diego.

I'd see them coming back across the border loaded up with tire
sandals, the result of their trip north.

I lived in Vista, so when I got my first car ('57 Chebby BelAir), Dad
said "It's time for a trip to TJ!" *I paid $25 to get the front and
rear seats upholstered in sleek black naugahyde stitched with nylon
thread and stuffed with real fiber, not sweepings. We stayed to watch
so they couldn't cheat. *Those were old growth naugas in '69, too! *;)

Chim chiminey, chim chiminey, chim-chim-cheree;
Those are three words that don't make sense to me.
But I'm used to words that don't make sense to me,

I know I shouldn't but I just gotta ask: WTF,O?

Robatoy[_2_] January 4th 10 04:10 AM

M51/M65 Fishtail Parka.

wrote:
[...]

You missed this part?
=====

Larry Jaques January 4th 10 02:08 PM

M51/M65 Fishtail Parka.

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 20:10:13 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I missed it. Bored by line 3.
What, we're supposed to read every word of a bad Seuss clone story?

Robatoy[_2_] January 4th 10 02:11 PM

M51/M65 Fishtail Parka.

wrote:
[...]

Suess wrote Sound Of Music? I Loooooove that movie *clears throat* "
THE HILLS ARE ALIVE!!*SPUTTER*HACH*COUGH*BELCH*

Larry Jaques January 4th 10 02:24 PM

M51/M65 Fishtail Parka.

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 06:11:46 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

wrote:
[...]

Same/same, no matter who wrote it. So solly. I don't _DO_ musicals.