Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New use for my Wixey digital angle guage

Used it this morning to correct the angle of the Christmas tree.
It's within a 0.4 degree of 90 to the floor (where I zeroed it). Good
enough.

MJ
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 12:21:01 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Used it this morning to correct the angle of the Christmas tree.
It's within a 0.4 degree of 90 to the floor (where I zeroed it). Good
enough.

Your tree is that straight? No taper? ;-)

I used mine recently for measuring the rafter angle in my (un)FROG
(getting ready to finish into my shop). I guess both applications
involve wood, so within the marketing envelope. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 14:28:49 -0600, Swingman wrote:

wrote:
Used it this morning to correct the angle of the Christmas tree.
It's within a 0.4 degree of 90 to the floor (where I zeroed it). Good
enough.

Meh ... I'm calling foul until you get the dial indicator out and give
us the tolerance to the top of the angel.

Angle to the center of mass would be more useful.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Your tree is that straight? *No taper? ;-)

Tree is artificial and I took the measurement from the
middle where there is no taper that I can detect.

Oh, no angel. Please, we're a family of two - one atheist
one agnostic. Secular Christmas stuff only. We like
the bright lights and gifts.

MJ

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 12:38:23 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Your tree is that straight? *No taper? ;-)

Tree is artificial and I took the measurement from the
middle where there is no taper that I can detect.

Ah, so it really is just another stick of lumber. ;-)

Oh, no angel. Please, we're a family of two - one atheist
one agnostic. Secular Christmas stuff only. We like
the bright lights and gifts.

I have no issue with your choices. one agnostic one Christian who
also like the pagan aspects of Christmas
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 20, 3:21*pm, "
wrote:
Used it this morning to correct the angle of the Christmas tree.
It's within a 0.4 degree of 90 to the floor (where I zeroed it). Good
enough.

MJ

Did you follow god safety habits and unplug the tree before you
checked the angle?

Marc
Posted to rec.woodworking

marc rosen wrote:

Did you follow god safety habits and unplug the tree before you
checked the angle?

Being agnostic and atheist, probably not.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 20, 6:58*pm, Swingman wrote:
marc rosen wrote:
Did you follow god safety habits and unplug the tree before you
checked the angle?

Being agnostic and atheist, probably not.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Being atheistic, I trusted the rules of physics
and I did.

Reminds me of the Woody Allen line, "an agnostic is
someone who won't commit".

Funny!

MJ