Old January 22nd 20, 01:06 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default I can't change the blade on a B & D miter saw.

I don't think I have ever seen so many stupid answers to a question in my life. The saw has left hand threads. Instead of turning it counter clock wise, turn it clockwise to loosen it. Jan the bland into a small scrap of wood.. use a box wrench and hit it with a hammer. A couple of good smacks will loosen it.

Old January 23rd 20, 12:12 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Jan the bland?

FWIW not all saw fixing nuts or bolts loosen clockwise.

The fixing nut or bolt loosens in the direction that the blade spins
when cutting.

Refrain from using a hammer.

Jan the bland? Auto correct screwed up. Was supposed to say, "Jam the blade into a scrap of wood." LOL, you said exactly the same thing I did except I used the words clockwise and counter clockwise. The blade cuts in the clock wise direction, the bolt loosens in the clockwise direction. I have the same exact saw. Left hand thread. Tapping the wrench with a hammer is just about the same as an impact hammer but with less damage.

Never jam anything into the fan blades of the motor.
Old January 23rd 20, 12:44 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 6:12:32 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Jan the bland?

FWIW not all saw fixing nuts or bolts loosen clockwise.

The fixing nut or bolt loosens in the direction that the blade spins
when cutting.

Refrain from using a hammer.

Jan the bland? Auto correct screwed up. Was supposed to Jam the blade...

Did they have auto-correct in a newsreader back in 2009?

I certainly hope he got his blade off by now.

Old February 22nd 20, 11:14 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Turn it counter clockwise

Old February 22nd 20, 11:17 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Turn clockwise actually