Old November 11th 09, 02:50 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Default I can't change the blade on a B & D miter saw.

"Larry Jaques" wrote:

Vacuum and then blow all the sawdust out of the saw. Now get your
littlel propane torch out and put it right on the nut while spinning
the blade with your hand. Once it's good and hot, try loosening it
again. It should pop off.

Not on my watch.

A 1500 Watt heat gun, maybe, but not a propane torch.

Lew

Old November 11th 09, 05:33 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:00:24 -0800 (PST), Tom
wrote:

Are you *absolutely* sure you're turning the arbor nut in the right
direction to loosen it?

Yes! And I did try both clock and counter clock wise.

The easiest way to determine is that an arbor nut turns to tighten in
the same direction as the way the blade turns to cut wood.
Old November 11th 09, 05:41 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Nut-release juice? Insert your own joke here.

On Nov 10, 5:16*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Tom wrote:
Black & Decker miter sale model 7715 type 3.

I bought this saw at a garage sale. the seller cut a board, said it
needs a blade. But, I can't remove the old blade. The armature of the
motor turns when I try to turn the *blade nut. If I "jam" the blade so
it can't turn, the armature still turns. How do I lock the motor to
remove the blade?

In addition to the other good suggestions, slather the nut and shaft with
nut-release juice.

Old November 11th 09, 11:04 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Not so. All blades release by turning the nut the way the blade
turns. True for table saws, circular saws, miter saws, pavement
saws.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

Old November 11th 09, 12:57 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques writes:

With the saw blade turning toward you to cut, the nut comes off the
way the teeth point.

Assuming the blade is installed correctly. :-)

Old November 11th 09, 12:58 PM posted to rec.woodworking

"SonomaProducts.com" writes:

Nut-release juice? Insert your own joke here.

I'm SURE I got some spam with that in the Subject line.....
Old November 11th 09, 02:55 PM posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom" wrote in message
On Nov 10, 12:42 pm, wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:28:13 -0800 (PST), Tom
wrote:

Black & Decker miter sale model 7715 type 3.

I bought this saw at a garage sale. the seller cut a board, said it
needs a blade. But, I can't remove the old blade. The armature of the
motor turns when I try to turn the blade nut. If I "jam" the blade so
it can't turn, the armature still turns. How do I lock the motor to
remove the blade?

Are you *absolutely* sure you're turning the arbor nut in the right
direction to loosen it?

Yes! And I did try both clock and counter clock wise.

Always always with out exception you loosen a nut by turning it in the same
dirrection that it spins when running.
Have you checked for an armature lock button?

Old November 11th 09, 03:40 PM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Black & Decker miter sale model 7715 type 3.

I bought this saw at a garage sale. the seller cut a board, said it
needs a blade. But, I can't remove the old blade. The armature of
the motor turns when I try to turn the blade nut. If I "jam" the
blade so it can't turn, the armature still turns. How do I lock the
motor to remove the blade?

Are you *absolutely* sure you're turning the arbor nut in the right
direction to loosen it?

Yes! And I did try both clock and counter clock wise.

Always always with out exception you loosen a nut by turning it in
the same dirrection that it spins when running.
Have you checked for an armature lock button?

If it doesn't come off any other way find a service station and tip a
mechanic to take it off with a big impact wrench. There should be enough
friction for the impact to trigger even if the blade is slipping on the
shaft.

Old November 11th 09, 04:48 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 10, 12:28*pm, Tom wrote:
Black & Decker miter sale model 7715 type 3.

I bought this saw at a garage sale. the seller cut a board, said it
needs a blade. But, I can't remove the old blade. The armature of the
motor turns when I try to turn the *blade nut. If I "jam" the blade so
it can't turn, the armature still turns. How do I lock the motor to
remove the blade?

If there is enough space between the nut and the end of the shaft
drill a small hole through the shaft end so you can get a awl or other
rod in place to hold the shaft still while loosing the nut.
Old January 8th 13, 04:14 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom[_30_] View Post
The armature of the
motor turns when I try to turn the blade nut. How do I lock the motor to
remove the blade?
I know this was posted in 2009 but I this is one of the first threads that comes up when searching for how to change a Black and Decker miter saw blade so I figured I would add my answer for anyone else who may be searching and will find this.

I have a Black and Decker Firestorm and to the right, at the very end of the motor housing (the big bulky orange part where your handle and such are), you can insert an Allen wrench or hex key and while it technically does not lock, it provides counter resistance while you are trying to turn the nut at the blade side.