Darwin

Default When in the Twin Cities area what to do?

In the near future (with-in the next couple of weeks) I'll be ithe Mn
Twin City area. What are the "must see" places related to wood
working are in the area?

Thanks in advance,

Darwin

Unisaw A100

Tried & True Tools (used)
7550 University Ave, N.E.
Fridley, MN 55432
763-574-0407 (ext. 46)

Block out an hour or two. Have cash on hand.

UA100

David E. Penner

In article , "Darwin"
wrote:

In the near future (with-in the next couple of weeks) I'll be ithe Mn
Twin City area. What are the "must see" places related to wood
working are in the area?

Thanks in advance,

Darwin

There's a group of woodworkers that share a gallery space. They call it
Xylos gallery. I always enjoy looking at what is on display. Most of the
stuff I've seen there has been of very high quality.

david

ps. sorry, I don't have the address.
Allen Windhorn

"Darwin" writes:

In the near future (with-in the next couple of weeks) I'll be ithe Mn
Twin City area. What are the "must see" places related to wood
working are in the area?

American Swedish Institute (Park and ~24th St.) has some serious
woodwork, as does the James J. Hill House on the St. Paul end of
Summit Avenue (both very interesting for non-WW's too). There's two
Rocklers and a Woodcraft. The Minnesota Woodworkers' Guild meeting is
at the Rockler on Lyndale & Lake at 7:15 March 16, but that's probably
too early for you. Look at their newsletter for more good stuff
(www.minnesotawoodworkersguild.com).

Regards,
Allen

ToolMiser

I get up in that area once in a while, please enlighten me as what to expect at
this tool emporium. I may have passed it a month ago, but I was fighting 6
inches of snow, and I needed to get home to pick up my dogs before the pickup
time expired. My wife's sister lives there, and her husband also has an
interest in woodworking, maybe he doesn't want me to know, or my wife paid him
off!
ToolMiser

I forgot. There is a store called ACE Seven Corners Hardware, it is downtown
(address I don't know), but it is an old fashioned type of hardware store with
a very large selection of tools, and their prices are pretty good. Instead of
having say four belts sanders, they have just about every one sold. The store
has narrow aisles and tall ceilings. I got a big kick out of it!
The Guy

It is mandatory that you do the 3Bs....Beer, Brats and Bowling....

Tim

--
No BoomBoom for me! -

Oz

Thank you for reminding me of "Seven Corners" I used to run over there every
time I was working in the Arena across the road, bought a few tools too, to
bring back to Blighty. Do they have a website, I wonder.

All the best, Oz.

"ToolMiser" wrote in message
I forgot. There is a store called ACE Seven Corners Hardware, it is

downtown
(address I don't know), but it is an old fashioned type of hardware store

with
a very large selection of tools, and their prices are pretty good.

Instead of
having say four belts sanders, they have just about every one sold. The

store
has narrow aisles and tall ceilings. I got a big kick out of it!

Bruce Hodge

Great selection of tools and hardware.
Easy access from Interstate I-35E. Open on Saturday til 12:00

http://7corners.com/pages/top_%250203.html