Posted to rec.woodworking

Default casters for a radial arm saw

father in law has a craftsman radial arm saw he is giving me. Do they
make a caster wheel kit to go on them

Posted to rec.woodworking

father in law has a craftsman radial arm saw he is giving me. Do they
make a caster wheel kit to go on them

If you want to move the heaviest of equipment with ease, check out the
Rockler All-Terrain Mobile Base. The optional extensions will fit any
equipment, and the large locking 5" wheels allow for easy movement but lock
solid into place.

Best,
Christopher

Posted to rec.woodworking

"racing John" wrote in message
father in law has a craftsman radial arm saw he is giving me. Do they
make a caster wheel kit to go on them

Yes they do make a caster set. HOWEVER because the legs have so much twist
in them the casters are next to worthless. You would be better off buying a
universal mobile base from Rockler for about $50-$60.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
"racing John" wrote in message
father in law has a craftsman radial arm saw he is giving me. Do they
make a caster wheel kit to go on them

Yes they do make a caster set. HOWEVER because the legs have so much twist
in them the casters are next to worthless. You would be better off buying a
universal mobile base from Rockler for about $50-$60.

That's what I did on the used Craftsman RAS I bought this past year. The built-in casters
were total crap; threw them away and put the whole rig on a Delta universal mobile base.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Yikes, you'll give that dangerous monster wheels so it can chase you
round the shop instead of sitting there passively waiting to bite you?

On Sep 23, 10:47*am, (racing John) wrote:
father in law has a craftsman radial arm saw he is giving me. Do they
make a caster wheel kit to go on them

Posted to rec.woodworking

thanks I will check it out

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve Turner" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
"racing John" wrote in message
father in law has a craftsman radial arm saw he is giving me. Do they
make a caster wheel kit to go on them

Yes they do make a caster set. HOWEVER because the legs have so much
twist in them the casters are next to worthless. You would be better off
buying a universal mobile base from Rockler for about $50-$60.

That's what I did on the used Craftsman RAS I bought this past year. The
built-in casters were total crap; threw them away and put the whole rig on
a Delta universal mobile base.

It is reasuring that some thing never change. I bought my RAS in 1979 and
got rid of it some where around 1987.

Posted to rec.woodworking

racing John wrote:
father in law has a craftsman radial arm saw he is giving me. Do they
make a caster wheel kit to go on them

Mine came with a leg and caster set. I never used them, because I
have my RAS built into the workbench along the wall. Gives me a
long feed table.

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

BillGill wrote:
racing John wrote:
father in law has a craftsman radial arm saw he is giving me. Do they
make a caster wheel kit to go on them

Mine came with a leg and caster set. I never used them, because I
have my RAS built into the workbench along the wall. Gives me a
long feed table.

Bill

Whoops! I went and checked. I have the legs, but it doesn't mention
casters. Some day I may even find a use for the leg kit.

Bill