Mike Hide

Default Black and Decker chucks

As B and D own dewalt are their chucks as bad as the B and D ones . I have
been using regular keyed chucks all my life and tightening then the same way
as keyless chucks are today . This is fine so long as a very high torque is
required then the chuck will slip.No problem as in cases such as this one
can easily resort to the chuck key [ if you can find it].

Seems to me the BandD chucks slip at lower torque levels and of course one
cannot revert to the chuck key . The question is is their a replacement for
the crappy plastic chucks and secondly does anyone else experience these
same problems ...mjh

--
http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2

GTO69RA4

Most of the DeWalt chucks are professional models from Jacobs or Rohm and are
much better than the B&D junk. Everything's interchangable so you can mount
whatever you want on your drill.

GTO(John)

As B and D own dewalt are their chucks as bad as the B and D ones . I have
been using regular keyed chucks all my life and tightening then the same way
as keyless chucks are today . This is fine so long as a very high torque is
required then the chuck will slip.No problem as in cases such as this one
can easily resort to the chuck key [ if you can find it].

Seems to me the BandD chucks slip at lower torque levels and of course one
cannot revert to the chuck key . The question is is their a replacement for
the crappy plastic chucks and secondly does anyone else experience these
same problems ...mjh

--
http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2

P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº

"Mike Hide" wrote in message
As B and D own dewalt are their chucks as bad as the B and D ones . I

have
been using regular keyed chucks all my life and tightening then the same

way
as keyless chucks are today . This is fine so long as a very high torque

is
required then the chuck will slip.No problem as in cases such as this one
can easily resort to the chuck key [ if you can find it].

Seems to me the BandD chucks slip at lower torque levels and of course one
cannot revert to the chuck key . The question is is their a replacement

for
the crappy plastic chucks and secondly does anyone else experience these
same problems ...mjh

http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2

Hey Mike...most of the newer B&D drills use lower quality Jacobs chucks, the
DeWalts tend to use differing quality Jacobs chucks depending on the cost of
the drill, the odd Rohm chuck thrown in the mix for good measure, we rarely
replace the DeWalt chucks with identical ones as our customers almost always
benefit from a better quality one, even a $5 more expensive chuck is worth
the money tenfold, we only carry professional or industrial chucks mostly by
Makita or Jacobs & our customers get a better one more often than not
whether they like it or not.

My advise is if you need to replace the chuck it probably warrants upgrading
as well or it would not have failed in the first place.

--
© Jon Down ®