DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wanted: Carving Pattern for Bellamy Style Eagle (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/285782-wanted-carving-pattern-bellamy-style-eagle.html)

[email protected] August 30th 09 12:25 AM

Wanted: Carving Pattern for Bellamy Style Eagle

I’m looking for a pattern for a Bellamy style eagle (about 30" long).
Where can I find one? (Preferably free or low cost ---)

Thanks.

Joel

W.R.Brown August 30th 09 02:25 PM

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 16:25:09 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I¢m looking for a pattern for a Bellamy style eagle (about 30" long).
Where can I find one? (Preferably free or low cost ---)

Thanks.

Joel

Joel,

A serach on Google Images reveals a few pictures. However if you can get
your hands on issue number 23 of "Carving Magazine", there's a Bellamy
Eagle project. Don't know if there's a pattern, but most likely is.

Bill

[email protected] August 31st 09 08:47 PM

Wanted: Carving Pattern for Bellamy Style Eagle

...... *However if you can get your hands on issue number 23 of "Carving Magazine", there's a Bellamy Eagle project.

Many thanks ----- I just ordered that issue.

Don't know if there's a pattern, but most likely is.

Let's hope. Bellamy used a #5 sweep gouge to outline the feathers -
I'll be really glad if it's the historically authentic.